1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips to Come Up With Ideas for Blog Content

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Joya Blain, Jul 18, 2013.

Hi this my first post here. So lets begin

If you’ve been blogging for more than a few months, I’m sure you know how difficult it can be to come up with ideas for blog content. Sure, you have a lot to talk about as an expert on your blog’s topic, but finding the perfect idea can still be a challenge.

Tip 1 – Use Ubersuggest

Übersuggest is a free online tool at ubersuggest.org that makes researching Google Suggestions ridiculously easy. For example if you type in “fly fishing” into the box at ubersuggest.org, it will give you hundreds of sub-topics that people are interested in, such as
    • fly-fishing gear
    • fly fishing knots
    • fly fishing film tour
    • and so on.
    Chances are, if you have a blog about fly fishing, some of these sub-topics will trigger amazing ideas for blog content s in your head. How about sharing everything you know about fly fishing film tours with your audience as your next post idea? I think it sounds terrific.
    Better yet, you can use Ubersuggest to help you cover this article from all aspects, by clicking on “fly fishing film tours” and seeing the keywords Google Suggest brings back.
    There you have it! Not only will Ubersuggest help you come up with terrific blog post ideas, it will also help you cover in your article exactly what your visitors want to know.

Now you probably understand why Ubersuggest is hands-down my favorite tool!

Tip 2 – Interpret Quotes in Your Own Way

This is another neat idea I discovered. Here’s how it goes:
    1. Take any quote you can find (it doesn’t have to be niche related).
    2. Spend some time thinking about its message.
    3. Share your thoughts on whether the message of the quote is true for your niche and how your audience could benefit from it.
    Here’s a simple example. Let’s say I want to write an article in the blogging niche.
    Step 1. I spent about 10 seconds to find this quote by Albert Camus: „But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?”
    Step 2. The message is quite obvious. If you want to be happy, you should lead a life that perfectly suits you as a person. Of course we could spend hours debating and further analyzing its message, but for the sake of simplicity, let’s go with this interpretation.
    Step 3. Now comes the fun part! Believe it or not, I think I could write a pretty decent blog post about how this quote relates to blogging. For example I could talk about how blogging can help you
    • express yourself and your creativity
    • do a meaningful job in the world that you actually like
    • help a lot of people and befriend them from all over the world
    • make enough money to travel the world, get to know new cultures, educate yourself and achieve some of the dreams you’ve always had
    • spend more time with your loved-ones thanks to extra free time
    • and how the ability to do whatever you want can help you create harmony in your life which will consequently make you happy.
    Are you beginning to see the potential this technique has? All I did was
    • hit up a quote-site
    • found a quote I liked
    • and brainstormed some ideas on how this relates to my site’s topic.
    And now I have a really interesting blog post idea that I could title “How Blogging Can Make Anyone Happy” or something similar. Heck, I like this idea so much I may go and write this post right away before someone beats me to it.
    And as you can see, at first glance this quote has nothing to do with my niche. After all, what do happiness and blogging have in common? Yet, I could find a way to bridge these two topics in a unique and interesting way.
    So no matter what your blog’s topic is, you can use this strategy to find new content ideas with astonishing success.

Extra tip: if you need a little push to get started with this strategy, you could think about anecdotes or examples from your own life relating to the quote and how your audience could learn from your experiences.
    Tip 3 – Write about YouTube Videos
    This topic requires less creativity than the previous ones, but I think it’s still a great way to come up with ideas for blog content.The idea is to go to YouTube and start watching videos related to your blog’s niche. Then once you find a video that you really like, you can take the idea behind it and turn it into a post on your site.

Of course I don’t mean you should write a word-for-word transcript of the video and post that. Instead, you can take the essence of the video’s message and write about that. Alright, alright, I know you’re probably eager to see an example, so here it goes.

Step 1. I spent about 4 minutes finding this video by Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome.com which is talking about how to get more twitter followers.

Step 2. I could then create a blog post about this topic “as is”, or go even go to ubersuggest.org and type in “twitter followers” into the box and see what it brings back. For me, it brought back quite a few very interesting keywords, such as “gain twitter followers app”.

Step 3. Now I could research the App Market for applications that help you get more followers on Twitter and share the results of my research with my audience on my blog. I’m pretty sure they would love my content really much.Heck, I may go and write this post right away before someone steals it from me. It seems like I’m on fire today!

Joya Blain, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. mckiepiper

mckiepiper Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome Joya! Thanks for sharing those thoughts - I'm always looking for tips like these because more often than not when I go to idea well it's often all dried up...

mckiepiper, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. wzn888

wzn888 Member

Best Answers:
    for content,find a niche that you are interested,and then write content yourself would be effective,you will like to do research you want,or you can hire somebody to write for you

wzn888, Jul 18, 2013 IP