1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To blast or not blast, that is the question....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Richie Phillips, Oct 20, 2016.

Hi,
    Looking for some general business advice.
    I did business with someone in this forum, who shall for now remain anonymous. A product/service was offered, with a guarantee. I had to participate in a business for a certain amount of time. After the time period was up, if I had not recouped my initial investment, I could ask for and receive a refund.

I paid for the product/service. I did not recoup my investment, "actually didn't make a singe sale", and I have asked for a refund. Have I received it.... No! First, it was can you give me a few days... then it was "can you confirm where I need to send it to".... then it was "I was so busy with moving, I forgot."....Then it was, I will make sure I do it today..... Now, its nothing... No response from the person in over 10 days....

So I have held of in reporting to Paypal because I don't want the seller to look bad. I have tried to be patient. I haven't "RAISED MY VOICE" on the internet. I haven't bashed them. I just have tried to be understanding and patient.

But now, I have decided to report to Paypal and request a refund. Now my main question to this forum is should I blast their name out as a person that does not do what they say. Should I call them out as a scam artist because I did not on? I still see them regularly posting here, trying to sell things. Should I warn others of a potential problem that they could have with this seller in their transactions.

So what do I do.... To blast or not to blast..that is the question!

Richie Phillips, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Name and shame threads are usually created in General Chat forum. Should you choose to do so I suspect that the mods will move this thread there.
    These things do indeed serve the community here at DP well. It warns members of scammers and also gives the accused a platform in which to defend himself/herself. So my advice would be to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag.
    Good luck to you with this, and let us hope for a happy resolution.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 20, 2016 IP
    WebDev Solutions likes this.
  3. Richie Phillips

Richie Phillips Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is the Name and Shame Thread? Do you have a link to it?

Richie Phillips, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think you misunderstood me. "Name and shame" threads are just a moniker we give to threads that are created to out scammers. What I'm saying is that "if" you out the scammer chances are that this will be considered a "name and shame" thread. Then it might get moved by a mod. But then again they may opt to just leave this where it is.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  5. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you've done what you could. Calling them out publicly won't serve any purpose and might make matters worse. Try to settle it quietly, or if not, then the worst that can happen is to go to court to get for a settlement, assuming first of all that it would even be worth it to do so.

Milliardo, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  6. Richie Phillips

Richie Phillips Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that calling them out publicly won't help the purpose of me getting my money back, but since this person is establishing themselves as a reputable seller in this forum, the purpose of me blasting them would actually serve the purpose of warning others. Guarantees should be honored. And anyone wanting to this business with this seller should be aware that "guarantees" may not always be lived up to.

Richie Phillips, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How much due diligence did you do before signing up? Would you have found your thread?

Did you do the deal under a different dp account?
    Or did you sign up and do the deal while you had 0 posts? That's like writing "screw me over" on your forehead!

sarahk, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  8. Richie Phillips

Richie Phillips Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess newbie's trying to make it in internet marketing do have a big sign on their head saying "SUCKERRRR". I am sure there are hosts of people on DP as well as other forums just waiting for the newbie to come along with their glassy eyes hoping and trusting that they can find some "help" to make it in internet marketing.

I've got to admit, I probably did have that newbie look on me when I bought the product/service. Although I had not made any posts, I had purchased some products from other DP members only after a few short days as this site was actually suggested from another Online Marketing Forum. Those other purchases were small, but everyone delivered as promised.

As for the seller that I had a grievance with, I did search within DP for this seller's name to see if they had made any other posts or of anyone else had made posts about them. I did not see anything except or a few other products they were advertising and other posts that they had made within DP. This is an active poster and seller here on DP. There was no kind of red flag out there that I know of that could have warned me that I was about to get "screwed over".

As a newbie trying to find ways to succeed online, it's hard to know how much due diligence to do except for search the individual's name/business and see if any kind of claim/allegation/fraud/SCAM message shows up. If its not out there, you hope that the seller is OK. Which is the point of my question... At least if I "blast", any other potential buyers from this seller would be warned, if they do a simple search for this seller's name.

Richie Phillips, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    For next time (because hindsight is great, right?) I would search using Google (not just the site) for:
    • the email they've given me - nothing there? then it's a throw away email and what are they hiding?
    • phone - often points out other businesses the person runs and you can then research those businesses to see if there are any problems
    • skype - will give you their name - some people use the same skype across different identities - are the names associated with the skype consistent?
    • username - some usernames are really distinctive and people will use the same on many different sites. Search up on the username and you might find some interesting activity on other sites - may be scamming, may be bragging about scams or may just be someone clearly buying a service on Site A and selling it on Site B. Valid business but you may want to deal more directly with the supplier.

sarahk, Oct 26, 2016 IP