1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To Digg or not to Digg. That is the Question?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by boxcar, Jan 10, 2009.

Is Digg a good way to market your website?

If so, what is the best approach to getting noticed? (Don't say use some shady service to get your Diggs up).

I am hoping to find some creative ways to Digg up my website.

boxcar, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  2. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    Digg can always give you a boost, but it has said that it does not bring in much revenue even tho you might get thousands of users to your site... so i would say its a start and see how it works out. There are a few tips on the site i read before try searching

Proximity, Jan 10, 2009 IP
  3. Jeffler

Jeffler Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to get noticed is to have content that doesn't suck, simple as.

I'm a near-top digger (ranked around 115th of all users), and personally, people (even on here) who submit generic marketing garbage for search engine reasons get buried immediately by me.

Whereas really good articles I'll actually send to friends, even if I don't know the person.

Focus on quality and not traffic, and things will work out.

Jeffler, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    It depends on your niche obviously. For most niches organic traffic will convert much better than Digg traffic.

There is only one way to get noticed - high quality original content.
    If you can't provide amazing stories don't waste your time trying to get traffic.

zexy, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  5. whitey99

whitey99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I quite like Digg as a tool to get my site out there, but I don't find it leds to much traffic.

One of my blogs gets about 5% daily traffic from Digg which surprised me since it seems people search Digg for old articles.

whitey99, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  6. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    No they don't. Digg submissions rank in Google and that's why you see some traffic from old articles ;)

zexy, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  7. whitey99

whitey99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Makes sense and also highlights a benefit of Digg as a marketing tool

whitey99, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  8. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    digg is just another social bookmarking site and when you are lucky enough to reach the first page, you will get tremendous and terrific traffic, which will disable your server especially when you don't have a dedicated one. But it is questionable from the targeted point of view...

dairyman, Jan 11, 2009 IP