1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Too many social sites ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peachy217, Dec 9, 2011.

1. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is somebody willing to pay for domain/hosting/support, than there ISNT enough social networks. Who in the world said that FB should be the only one? Czukerberg?

thesickearth, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  2. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think ColinLiang made a good point. There is nothing wrong with more social networks if they take time to address the needs of their specific audience. Also, if you are a cat lover, dog lover, etc... you may not want to share vacation photos, birthdays and articles bashing whichever politicians are not your cup of tea. I don't Facebook can do that, yet. Google+, with its circles, may come close but even then a well designed social network appealing to a narrow special interest group may still have a place.

Business Attorney, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  3. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I'm agree that there are too many social sites... the problem is that they are focusing only in english speaking countries and having unoriginal business models, they don't offer better things. There are so much things to do in other countries, not only latin america but how about asia, middle east (hehe)? There are many things to do but they keep going with the same thing.

nicelife, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  4. Charlote

Charlote Peon

Best Answers:
    true ...another way to make spam!

Charlote, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  5. ayushgupta

ayushgupta Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't find any problem in it. New things are launched if they are different than existing ones. This way you get option to try new things :D

ayushgupta, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  6. SEO Tiger

SEO Tiger Peon

Best Answers:
    I had no idea that someone can create a social network in 5 minutes! Damn! Copy cat activities work but not in long run. For the starters, it does work I have to say. But why look for other networking sites when someone can get the best out of Facebook for SEO purpose?

SEO Tiger, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  7. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude I was sick of this years ago, now there's advertisements for Facebook and Twitter everywhere, it's getting to the stage children will probably grow up being as familiar with that "f" as they are with the "M" from McDonald's (although not as much seeing as one is actually marketed to children).

I actually joined Facebook early on (like, before it became popular) and thought "This is ****, nobody will ever want to use this." How wrong I was (unfortunately). Facebook is still ****, but just about everybody is using it... -_-

Scoty, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  8. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a very social person both off and online so I can't be bothered with all the social sites popping up. However, as an internet marketer maybe we should look at them as avenues to wealth :)
    Get them while it's still hot and move on to others. You can set up a passive system and move to the next one. Just my two cents.

Anitasol, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  9. jchan24

jchan24 Peon

Best Answers:
    For one thing, I'm not convinced that social networks alone can be that profitable. With any UGC site, there is a lot of work involved eliminating spam. If its just an advertising business model, then social networks are far less profitable than niche dating sites. If a social network just offers profiles, then it has to generate revenue from large amounts of traffic. But social networks can be profitable if they can generate revenue through another method like crowd-sharing, crowd-sourcing, or some e-commerce method. As for facebook and other similar profile social networks, they essentially serve as E-mail, which is usually a free service as well. But there are many ways that E-mail and facebook can serve as a platform for successful business ventures.

I've been trying to create niche social networks but I think that creating blogs is easier and has a higher chance at success.
    What is the best business model - blogs or social network sites?

jchan24, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  10. zoomboy

zoomboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahahahah you are 100% right usually people are doing as such things.

zoomboy, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  11. AlexB1

AlexB1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, its a little annoying. I am sticking with a reliable ones - Google+ and Facebook, first one is so simple that we can communicate with our grandparents now).

AlexB1, Jan 26, 2012 IP
  12. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. now people are using social media for spamming.

jhardy2008, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  13. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    As the internet is getting smarter social media developers are getting excited too to create more networking sites for business intention.

janinjackson, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  14. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    +100 agree with you.

edvvardbrian, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  15. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many social website like that facebook,orkut,twitter and more many you can search online.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  16. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. There are also many sites that try to scam people by creating a social site the MLM way and require their members to get even more members so that they can make money off them... Obviously in order to join and make money you have to pay 150$ or more, but there are still many idiots who don't mind paying that for nothing.

edvvardbrian, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  17. mediacurse

mediacurse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I only agree with you to an extent. I agree that there's way too many general social networks out there. Networks like facebook and those hundreds who try to become the next facebook. However, I do think that facebook with its thousands of friends to everyone idea is not the future. These dog lover communities will probably become more and more popular every day. Niche communities. And I think it's great. I don't want to see pictures of someone's lovely babies in facebook - they could have their niche community instead, where people actually give a fart about it. Just an example. Community for programmers, musicians, etc. I think it's all only good. Of course, the fact that there might already be hundreds of social networks in individual niches already as well, that's annoying. Of course.

mediacurse, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  18. saweramughal

saweramughal Peon

Best Answers:
    Fb, digg, multiply, etc are the best

saweramughal, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  19. ericksteve

ericksteve Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not about becoming a member of a social networking site, it depends how often you access them. People create accounts at more than one site but they regularly access one out of them and that is Facebook of course.

ericksteve, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  20. charlly008

charlly008 Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly have no problem with those social sites.the more they are online the more it will be easier for me to use their services for advertising my other programs.

charlly008, Mar 3, 2012 IP