1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Toolbars: what are the prospects?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by besttoolbars, Feb 8, 2005.

Hello, guys! I'd like to know your opinions on such a question: nowadays many companies use custom toolbars (Google, Yahoo, Alexa and so on) to promote themselves. And toolbar is a good marketing and branding tool. Also there is a software over the Internet that helps you to build a custom toolbar. So I'd like to know: What are the prospects?
    How can such a toolbar be used? Which features it should have to attract users? I see such an opportunities:
    - a toolbar for a hosting company, that should help users to manage their account and site;
    - a toolbar for a forums like this - to managae account to, to make a search or for a quick view of a "Top 10" or smth like this (just think - voting maybe );
    - a toolbar for e-store or auction - to be in a close contact or to order a goods, increase your price;
    - a toolbar for a search engine. No comments. Benefits are obvious :)

So, how can it be used? What features would you like to see if you would make a custom toolbar? And what should it has to attract a users?

besttoolbars, Feb 8, 2005 IP