1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 10 online niche ideas for 2014

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Happster, Jan 19, 2014.

Here is my list of top niche ideas for 2014.Surely, all other "classic" niches such as healthcare, self-improvement, gaming, fashion and etc. are still profitable.This list is more focused on current 2014 trends.
    Hopefully, this will help you to make your mind and start something really profitable! Do you agree with my list? Share your thoughts.
    1. Parallax Themes (Wordpress, Joomla, Concrete5 and etc.)
    2. Wearable Technology
    3. Smartwatches
    4. Mobile Apps consulting and development
    5.Mobile advertising
    6.Visual Content Creation (Infographics, Promo Videos and etc.)
    7. 3D Printing
    8. Advanced Web design (Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation,Zimit Framework and etc.)
    9. IT education (ruby on rails home course, node js and etc.)
    10. Trending Apps/New Sites and followers (Vine, Snapchat, Pheed)

Happster, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  2. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    More or less I agree with you.
    In the following decades wearable technology and 3D prinintg will be enormous.

content4cool, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  3. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    3D printing isn't an online niche.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sites on that topic are though

sarahk, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  5. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Sites about a topic doesn't make it an online business.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't see why not. You could sell designs, templates for the various types of software that print to the 3d printer. You could sell components or the printers themselves. You could offer your services as a troubleshooter for when printing doesn't turn out as expected.

Your claim could equally be applied to any of the other items. How do you see smart watches as a niche - surely that is a "topic" too?

sarahk, Jan 19, 2014 IP
    PhiladelphiaIM likes this.
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good list of trendy or fresh products. Mobile related things keep growing. Others are relatively very new to talk about the potential or profitability. Education(IT or anything) is not new and I don't see an extraordinary potential on education.

makeit easy, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  8. hipindi

hipindi Peon

Best Answers:
    indeed, those are very trendy niches (esp mobile app dev and infographics related).

I'd pick 75% of your list but I will also include some tee and finance/loan niches.

hipindi, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  9. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    That would be selling software and hardware, nothing else. It does not make 3D printing an online business.

10. Mrh mamun

Mrh mamun Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Happster, Thanks for share this types of discussion, can you give me some niche topic for blogging?

Mrh mamun, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  11. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    awesome stuff , i hope it will help every newbies who always ask about what topic should i start on blogging. and not only for newbie , experts also can get a great idea without search market.

Amarkolom, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  12. Solar Oblivion

Solar Oblivion Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome list, this is different from mainstream evergreen niches such as MMO or dating advice! Thanks! :)

Solar Oblivion, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  13. Happster

Happster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    H
    Hi Mamun, my best advice to you would be blog about something you love. And i really mean it. If you will start a blog and you will do that "just for the money and traffic" i can bet your blog sooner or later will die. If you will blog about something that you like, you will keep going for a long time. But if you would like a topic (I would recommend actually for anyone who is reading this post) - wireless headphones, wireless chargers, wireless speakers and other wireless stuff. Why? Couple reasons. 1. Wireless technology is a comfort. It allows to wear things without connections and gives you movement freedom. 2. Within next couple of years most devices that we use today will be wireless based. Apple and Samsung are talking about wireless chargers already... Of course other companies will follow and we will have wireless "mania". I might be wrong , but from what i see around us this is really realistic prediction. So here you go. :)

Happster, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  14. Happster

Happster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Sarahk, indeed i wrote some trending,profitable ideas. But it's up to you guys to narrow it. If you have patience, enough knowledge and passion - you can nail all of these topics #1 search engine. Choose your keyword and think about future projects (iphone watch - watch Tim Cook's interview and see what he reveals about wearables and so on...) Be proactive. None of us will make your success. You have to do it yourself.

Happster, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  15. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    If I create a site or blog which discusses, reviews and offers insights into 3D printing and 3D printing accessories and monetizes via affiliate marketing (Amazon for example) then I indeed have an online business and 3D printing would be my niche.

I wrote a blog post about hot new products for 2014...

Curved Televisions
    Smart Watches
    Other Smart Devices
    Wearable Technology / Wearble Health Technology
    Unmanned Small Scale Drone / Aircraft
    Video HEadphones
    Smart Devices
    Augmented Reality Glasses
    Iris Scanners
    Internet Home Appliances

Stuart Walker, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  16. ezpay4me

ezpay4me Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly whenever i'm looking for a niche that i want to dominate i never go searching on the Internet for it because if that information is already on the net you better bet that niche is now going to be filled with shark infested waters.

What I usually is READ tech(or other major niches) magazines and look for potential products that are about to hit the market and go ahead and pre-promote a niche sate for that specific product and by the time the product is released to the market I will have had the advantage for 2 reasons!

1 is because very little competition(because very few people promote niches by finding them on magazines) and 2 is because i pre-promote the sites using completely solid white-hat methods(which take time but hey i'm in no rush the product hasn't even been released yet:)

anyways thats my 2 cents in, i'm sure there are many different ideas people can come up with to find good and fresh niches, but this is my method just simply use sources OUTSIDE of the net to find these low-key niches(sorry to ramble on but this is definitly one technique you'll want to test out the next time you pick up a magazine)

ezpay4me, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  17. Serj_Om

Serj_Om Peon

Best Answers:
    It's fun that you've mentioned AR in 2014. It demonstrates how many time it can take to make a way from trend to real exploitation.
    It looked like a joke 5-6 years ago but now we see real benefits of augmented reality and there are many aspects of people life where AR developers are really helpful.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Serj_Om, Nov 12, 2020 IP