1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

traditional site with a modern twist

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by tony84, Mar 27, 2006.

basically im making a websit fo a pub, the pub is quite traditional with a modern edge to it and so i need a design that will match this, obviously im not expecting anyone to just come up with layouts but does anyone have any rough layouts i can see orknow of any examples?

Please dont just point me to template monster or something similar ive looked through a fair few and cant see much

tony84, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  2. Tam

Tam Peon

Best Answers:
    Bit more info on how you would like it to look?

Tam, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  3. ozami

ozami Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya I think for a worthwhile response to this we'd need a little bit more info. Kinda vague.

ozami, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  4. tony84

tony84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in terms of colour scheme im thinking black/gold/cream or possibly brown in there aswel, looks im wanting something simple but with a bit of charisma and age looking effect added to it, im not sure what other details to give really, the more details i give the less chance of finding anything

tony84, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  5. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to take some clues from 24-7media.de they do a great job with 'organic' - with plenty of Charisma and 'aged' effects. Don't try to copy them... but again - look for ideas you can use to improve on your initial design concepts.

Have fun!!

TopSpin, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  6. tony84

tony84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i like that, its not quite what im looking for but not far off, thanks for the link

tony84, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  7. Tam

Tam Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe its a tad grungy? You see, its when a designer can get answers from these kinds of questions that a client can get a visual concept more accurately.

You've chsoen 3 colours, now try and describe how you would see each of those colours in shape and/or form - I mean everyone sees more than the colour, and everything to us is shape, form and colour. So try and depict how you would see those colours.

Tam, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  8. tony84

tony84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok well ive just been on your site
    where the blue is i was thinking have that black, having the left column a brown and possibly the header aswel although a logo/header would end up being there anyway with gold fancy writing for the links and header, then the main part being a cream colour with perhapse brown or black writing, and maybe having the brown and cream background merge somehow - infact that may give me a starting point to go off, but again if anyone has any examples then please share them as that 1st example did give me a couple of ideas.

Tony

tony84, Mar 28, 2006 IP