1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic from digg...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Kinkyjoe, Nov 14, 2008.

Hello everyone,
    I promoted a site with digg about a month ago. when i first promoted it i've been reacieving about 10-20 unique hits aday from it, after about a week the hits skyrocketed to 150-300 hits a day and I did'nt do anything different. I did'nt even log onto digg to tell you the truth. I recieved 150-300 aday for about 3 days and then it just dropped down to about 10-20 again.

Now my question is how in the world did the traffic increase that much for about 3 days and then it dropped down again, was it just luck? what do you think happened?Remember i did'nt do anything with digg i just posted my link.

+ if u have any tips you would like to share with me on how to increase traffic with digg please tell me.
    Any help would be really appreciated. thankx

Kinkyjoe, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg gets good search engine exposure, it's possible that Google tested your Digg posting by ranking it higher for a little while. Also, people discover articles there through popular searches.

Pixelrage, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  3. jmd785

jmd785 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, i have also been wondering any good ways to increase traffic on digg. What tips does anyone have to get more diggs or views?

jmd785, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to Digg, I think you really need to have more promotion to get others to digg the article. Otherwise, it gets lost in the pile really quickly, regardless of how good it is.

Pixelrage, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  5. stickycarrots

stickycarrots Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg is a great way to get your pages indexed. Even if you don't get a ton of traffic from it, it still helps a lot to add your site to Digg.

stickycarrots, Nov 14, 2008 IP