1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to change image backgrounds

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by deyounggerry, Jun 30, 2009.

Hi I am trying to change the background of my product images from white to the background color of my pages. I tried photoshop but couldn't find clear info how to do this. If anyone can give me advice how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you,
    Gerry:confused:

deyounggerry, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Assuming you are talking about .jpg images, you will have to apply a mask around the part of the image you want to protect and then fill the remaining with the color you want. There is no quick way to do it.

If you want the background to be transparent so your background gradient shows through, you will need to knock out the background and save them with transparency. You can use either gif or png, but png has issues with ie6.

mjewel, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  3. syamsa

syamsa Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to use PNG, you must including the following line of code right after the <title> tag of your page :

<script src="js/pngfix.js" type="text/javascript"></script> and then tranfering pngfix.js file to your public html. This will solve the IE problem

syamsa, Jul 7, 2009 IP
  4. syamsa

syamsa Peon

Best Answers:
    I think quite easy to change the background color of your logo, almost all elements are simple shape. Try photoshop, Open your image (logo), the do the first step: double click your layer (background layer) in the layer pallete, this step is to make the background to be layer. Try using pen tool in photoshop, trace one by one, do this with patience. When you done with tracing click Window>Paths then double click the pallette path, then you will see selection around the image that you traced. After that click ctrl + i to inverse the selection and you can delete the white background. Make new layer, put it below the first layer, and then fill with color that you want (in this case is the background color of your pages). Next step click Layer > Flatten Image. Then save your job. Now you have new logo with the background color of your pages. Have a try

syamsa, Jul 7, 2009 IP