1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tumblr or Blogger? Which One Is Better?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MissTolsie, Jul 20, 2010.

So I've started up a blog in Tumblr which is much more recent than Blogger, and much more attractive too. However after my first post I started to wonder how I would get my blog out to more people. So if it comes to it I'm willing to use both to advertise my blog. For anyone who uses either of the two, which would you recommend and why?

MissTolsie, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  2. jasonbird

jasonbird Guest

Best Answers:
    im also new to tumblr,have no idea about it..

jasonbird, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  3. MissTolsie

MissTolsie Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you blog about?
    I just looked at a link and apart from a few suggestion quite a lot of it sounds sensible. I can't post live links so i've picked out what I think is useful below;

- Start liking everybody's posts. The more you like them, the more they'll notice you. Eventually, you'll have more followers because of this.

- Write insightful, metaphorical statements. Then choose a song that fits your statement. You'll have a lot of people "like" your song, and they may even reblog them.

- Create a cool looking profile. Putting the time and effort into making your profile will show your followers you really care.

- Get interactive with your followers. IM them or give them your e-mail. Be sure to be insightful and wise...they'll really like that.

MissTolsie, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  4. Canyoudigit

Canyoudigit Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogger is better.

Canyoudigit, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Tumblr rocks! It's quick,easy, micro blogging at it's best and is networked with all of the latest tools and mobile platforms.

If you need full featured blogging, you probably want to go with blogger, but I would actually recommend self hosted Wordpress over that. I rarely recommend blogger to anyone.

hmansfield, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  6. going2oahu

going2oahu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a long term blogger user and am just now getitng acquainted with tumblr. In fact, I am starting a tumblr blog, my first, later this evening.

going2oahu, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  7. Arijit Das

Arijit Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Blogger (Blogspot) is the Best one because it has the Friendly Sidebar & Template Design Features... :)

Arijit Das, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  8. traviscw

traviscw Member

Best Answers:
    blogger because it is a more known site for people that are scared about viruses and stuff.

traviscw, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  9. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tumblr is horrible for SEO, basically useless to a certain point. Blogger on the other hand...

Hollow, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  10. Thomas Lucas

Thomas Lucas Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get people to read your blog the same way you drive traffic to any web site. I recommend engaging in SEO.

Thomas Lucas, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  11. marshalprince

marshalprince Peon

Best Answers:
    I never used the Tumblr and used Blogger a lot . But I like the Wordpress a lot. There are already built SEO plugins and other for the Wordpress. You should first submit your sitemap to SEs and try to find some plugins for Tumblr

marshalprince, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  12. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogger is the best. Blogger have more plugins + good seo compatibility.

earnincome, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  13. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently started a Tumblr and have wondered the same thing re: SEO power.

Does anyone know 'why' Tumblrs aren't indexed as frequently as other content systems? (IF that's true)

PS -- I've now tried most of the free blog systems and think Tumblr is the easiest and most stylish looking. But again, without SEO juice, you don't know if you can draw a real big audience.

Wordpress.org was a pain for me to set up, and I didn't like paying for all of my troubles. It's a little involved to learn to install all the plugins you want. Some things developers make for Wordpress don't work seamlessly. Lots of frustration for the basic person trying to learn Wordpress. (Note: I'm not talking about the FREE, dot-org version of Wordpress.)

So Google may be the best value. It's free, it's easy to use, you can monetize it. And if you learn just a little coding, you can make it look great.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    jewel3000, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  14. dhruvj

dhruvj Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used both , but the blogger is more reliable and fetches good results and most popular for blogging.
    So go for blogger.

dhruvj, Jul 25, 2010 IP