1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

turn traffic into a new business.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Talonbusiness, Aug 5, 2013.

I own a movie niche website with over 3,000,000 uniques per month and it is doing very well and makes an incredibly large amount of profit each moth. The problem is the website is in a legal grey area and i would like to push the traffic onto a new website/business that is 100% legal. Any suggestions or words of advice?

Talonbusiness, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  2. Fit Marketer

Fit Marketer Member

Best Answers:
    You could redirect the domain to a more white hat site.

What exactly is grey hat about it?

What are the keywords that the traffic is coming from?

This could help determine how to utilize the traffic.

If you are wanting to keep the site perhaps you could place ads there or charge others to advertise on your site for a monthly fee.

Hope this helps

Fit Marketer, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  3. umpahpah

umpahpah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depends on the niche of that new site.
    you can try some basic things like big banners on movie site for that white hat site.
    if you have facebook/twitter of that movie site, use that for promoting other site.

there are probably many other (and better) options, but without knowing what type of site is that second one and how the movie one looks like (just free streaming of movies or...) it's hard to tell what are your options

umpahpah, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The only suggestion I could come up with is why not remove all the illegal content from the site? Granted you will lose some traffic, but I am a firm believer, if you do the right thing you will benefit your business in a long run.

qwikad.com, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  5. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    As advised above we would need to know what is on the site and what makes it a dubious site

Do you stream new movies without copyright? If so I would suggest its only a matter of time before it gets closed down.

Money-Maker, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  6. Talonbusiness

Talonbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    copyright material... I know how to push the traffic, i just need a new legal website idea that will relate to the traffic, which is tv series and movies.

Talonbusiness, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Could try to remove the illegal material and push the Netflix free trial affiliate offer on CJ, or any other video streaming service.

Helge Sverre, Aug 8, 2013 IP