1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

turnkey websites - are they worth the money?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Pixelrage, Oct 28, 2008.

I've been looking at sites like Built2go.com and DotComBuilder.com, which sell their own CMS's for basically everything you can imagine: rating sites, classifieds, social portals, real estate sites, etc. Are these things worth putting the money down for? I can't find a review on any of them, anywhere. Not even here on Digitalpoint.

I'd really appreciate if someone could give some feedback on these programs - are they scams, or legitimate? How's the security, stability, etc?

Pixelrage, Oct 28, 2008 IP
  2. iBLOGCASH

iBLOGCASH Member

Best Answers:
    turnkey websites are 100% legit, but they are made in bunches. so your site will never unique to another.
    i personally recommend buying a turnkey website off of ebay. you can make good money on them becuase they are few diff ways to make money on them (ad clicking, commissions, referrals). success of a website always depends on the owner and how much work and effort he actually puts in. with turnkey your work is minimal, all you have to do is promote it.

iBLOGCASH, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  3. engadven

engadven Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is some good logic in using these. I met someone who has made a good dating site and started selling affiliate versions.
    You can then put your time into promoting the site rather than designing it. Obviously the affiliate supplier makes more money selling through you as well but that means they keep improving the software for you.
    Of course it's the marketing that makes the difference and some users make reasonable money while others make nothing.

engadven, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Could you please recommend some services that are upstanding? I'm just afraid of putting my money down and getting buggy code with security holes.

Pixelrage, Oct 30, 2008 IP