1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

tutorials for doing web page layout?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by nyquil, Aug 17, 2009.

so i just learned html and css and studied one of the web sites i found(a simple one with white background) but now i'm seeing a lot of web pages with special background images and images for menu bars, and etc.

Now i realized that a lot of the times people would use a small image and repeat it so they could have a more fluid background that could be easily adjusted, instead of a fix background image.

So basically they would create a visual layout of the web page using photoshop (creating what the page will look like (one big image)) and then just chop up the image into different parts... .some for menu, some for background...and use them accordingly right?

Does anyone know a good place to learn about doing web page layouts with photoshop?

i know for html and css there's htmldog and w3schools, but what about for photoshop web page layout type stuff?

nyquil, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  2. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    The chopping up is called slicing a web layout in photoshop, so if you google something like that, you should have some luck
    Also, check out this post on best photoshop web layout tutorials

tanay46, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  3. sheryonline

sheryonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sheryonline, Aug 19, 2009 IP
  4. jothree

jothree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for newbie as like me, . . .
    i sugested www.smashingmagazine[dot]com

that's complete