1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two people that don't take care of each other?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Mar 31, 2005.

1. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen programmes like that. I adore watching them.
    Lots of English people sell up and retire to Spain for a more relaxed way of life. I am doing my best to get out of the rat race before I've even gotten in it. I see these stressed out business men, and lonely wives and think ''That is totally not how I want to end up''

I can only invision things to get much much worse though...

No doubt In 10 years time we will be on here posting how good we had it 10 years ago (now).

MELLA, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Gota have money or you are homeless Mella, Gas is $2.30 a gallon now and electric also is going up along with everything else.

PS: Don't get me started on why :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  3. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know, Tone.

Argh I hate money. It is the root of all evil. Mariah Carey and J-Lo are sitting on their huge asses in their huge condo's sipping Crystal and eating caviar, set up for life whilst there are young children dying of starvation.

How the hell can you justify that.

[/rant] :eek:

MELLA, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Mamma and Gran Mamma used to tell all of us, go to school, get an education and marry a doctor or lawyer, guess what, mamma was right :p :eek: :p

5. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Mella, even though you may not have first hand experience, you are more then entitled to your opinion. I honestly never thought i'd want to be a stay at home mom, but the thought of leaving a 3 month old with strangers freaks the heck outta me, so my hubby and I are going to find a way to make it work. When the kids (yes, we want multiples) are old enough, I DO want to go back.

I am hoping that while i'm in grad school and staying home with the kids i'll be able to make enough online so we can be comfy.

wendydettmer, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Wendy, when you get older you will not want to go any where, take my word for it, you grow out of that as you age.

If you can build a great business from home you just buy a bigger home and do it better.

I thought you were going into business with Minstrel and were going to build a health forum Wendy?

You could work that from home :eek:

7. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer

Where in Belieze have you checked out?

I want to move to Key West but its like $250,000 for a mobile home, up to a half million (or more) for a nice condo.

I still might try to buy something there if business stays good for few years, but I wanted to check out some other countries, preferably ones with large coral reefs and good sportfishing.

ferret77, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  8. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, thank goodness we do have insurance. Better yet, we found out about this in time to switch the insurance through my husband's work to some that cover a neurosurgeon who does a minimally invasive surgery. If we had heard about this even a few days later we would have chosen a different plan, and been stuck with a different surgeon. The one we're talking to now is one of the few in the nation that does the minimally invasive surgery.

So lucky in the timing. We only found out because he had a lot of trouble with a cold and I took him in to the doctor to see if I could do anything for him (knew I couldn't but had to try), and she noticed the problem. Sent Gage for x-rays and got us started on the diagnosis just when we were starting to choose the insurance.

stephfoster, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If you go to Key West take a boat, there is nothing there but tiny islands connected with bridges.

It is not Hawaii, take my word for it, and it can get wiped out by a hurricane in one hour and you can't get out :eek:

PS: Good for you SF, God is with you :)

10. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    He's way outta my league right now. maybe when i have my PhD :)

wendydettmer, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I do take my boat , I live south of Miami , I am in Key Largo all the time

12. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hehe :)

Since i've been really young thats been like my ambition, to be a stay at home mother/wife. (Don't I just have such high prospects for myself lol :rolleyes: ) I can't imagine anything more satisfying than raising children. I would never leave my kids with hired help. I agree It would freak the heck out of me, too. Plus I would feel terrible because children change so quickly and fast ...I really would hate to miss out on even one hour of their childhood and growing up.

I hope all your plans work out for you, Wendy. You seem like such a lovely lady. <3

MELLA, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  13. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, my 15 year old has done some work on sites in the past but he is a musician and it just doesn't click with him. Now my 12 yr old is a nerd like his dad and I haven't started him on the computer for sites yet. I don't know why???

debunked, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Studies have mentioned figures of $500,000.00 as the cost it takes to raise a child from the time the child is born until they graduate college.

So if you wish to have a large family today, unless you are a farmer and have a farm handed down to you from your father, you sure as hell better make a lot of money if you want to raise a family today.

http://www.straightgoods.com/Boutin/010416.shtml

The above pages figures are off by other studies I have seen, I don't think it takes into consideration the cost of college and a lot of other stuff like cars :p :eek: :p

15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I don't really have anything against children but people who are poor as hell and just bust out kids annoy me.

Also people who have kids so that their kids can change their diapers when they are old seems lame as hell. They even have ads on TV about having your kids take care of you.

I think they should give out free birth control on every corner, in every school and at every job. If anything would make the world a better place is less people and less unplanned pregnancys.

16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Ferret that is why they have the kids to get a check at the end of the month :eek:

17. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think we'll move to Canada before we shoot for baby#4 - they're cheaper ;)

Epica, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  18. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ferret - hah
    man - and to think I was just about to post my tip[ sheet for effective toddler labor training. ;)

Epica, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am glad we had each child, but most of the time we were not trying to make one???? I need about 750 to get broken or fixed but I don't have the money right now..... So if you would like to pitch in I would really appreciate it!

One thing for sure our kids don't live in poverty. They don't get everything like many kids but they are healthy and happy. Oh and some day my descendents will rule yours! LOL :)

debunked, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  20. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am so glad that I get to be home with my kids. I couldn't stand the thought of just sending them to daycare for someone else to raise. That's fine for some people, but doesn't work for me. When my husband and I married, we agreed that one of us would stay home with the children, we'd find a way to make it work. I was just finishing college when I got pregnant with my daughter, so I ended up being the one to stay home.

Now, looking at what Gage is likely to need, in terms of followup doctor's visits alone, I am very grateful to be working at home with a nice, flexible schedule so I don't have to worry about scheduling.

It still takes sacrifice to keep me at home - my husband's job isn't that good, I only brought in $500 or so extra a month for a long time (improving quite nicely now!), and San Diego is ridiculous when it comes to rent. Having kids really limits when I can work - my daughter is napping right now and I'm nursing Gage as I type. Have to do lots of multitasking.

stephfoster, Mar 31, 2005 IP