1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unable to place text on a path

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Tintumol, Feb 21, 2011.

I keep running into the same problem in Photoshop CS5

I create a curved path with the pen tool but when I click on it with the type tool a little circle is created on the path that stops me typing fully along the path - i can only type up to the circle.

I'd like to place text on a defined path but the circle prevents me typing anymore words

Once the text characters have reached the circle a x appears in the circle and thats my lot for placing text.
    I keep getting this problem on any paths I make.

I'm probably making a very basic error so hopefully someone may be able to offer me further help and advice.

Anyone able to suggest a possible solution would earn my undying gratitude and thanks.

Tintumol, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  2. sajidibacs

sajidibacs Member

Best Answers:
    Quite easy when you know how.

Draw your curved path using the pen tool then follow the instruction as for circlular text, of course missing out the elipse tool part.

Select the elipse tool, hold down the shift key and draw your circle.
    Now select the text tool and move the cursor over the edge of the path/circle, at a point marginally outside the circle you will see the cursur change as per attached image. You can now type in your text.
    Edited a quick and very poor job of curved text. See photo
    Harry
    [This Reply has been modified by the Author]
    Attached images:

198811_473340.jpg
    198821_473357.jpg

sajidibacs, Nov 9, 2012 IP