1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

unique content vs copied content

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Mesoc, Jun 27, 2007.

hope i posted this in the right place :D

whats the difference between content you make yourself from scratch, as opposed to copying and pasting an article from another website. Besides the obvious, does it really make a difference in when it comes to search engine placing?

I've just started blogging, it makes it so much easier to just copy and paste articles (giving credit of course to the author).

Mesoc, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  2. xxKillswitch

xxKillswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you will get penalized for copying content. It's not good practice to copy from other sites for your blog anyways. Write original material, search engines love it.

xxKillswitch, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. GetToThePointRob

GetToThePointRob Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, of course it's easier not to do more work.

(Duh).

You could push down old ladies and steal their purses too, easier yes, but doesn't mean you should do it.

Define what YOU mean as the obvious, because you've already stated what I believe is a painfully obvious point.

Better describe where you are coming from, and perhaps those who roam the halls of DP, can better help you.

Rob

-

GetToThePointRob, Jun 28, 2007 IP