1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unique Social Bookmarker

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014.

Originally found these guys on the Warriors forum and seems like they're growing at a fast rate. Made a profile with them and one of my boards is getting some decent amount of Google searches. Have you guys had any success with them also?

"We're a startup company located in Mountain View, California that is revolutionizing the way you bookmark. We're different from your average social bookmarking site due to the fact you can actually rank for keywords inside your profile and network with others. I'm sure some of you fellow Warriors already have a profile with us already! I know many users have doubts with a new upcoming site but if you do a little research on us you can tell we are growing at a rapid rate! Our Google search impressions almost tapped 500k impressions for our last result day and growing daily. We are adding new features and relaunching a whole new user interface in the coming weeks so stayed tuned! I'll check this thread daily to answer any of your questions and happy holidays everyone!

PS: Ask us how you can be featured on our homepage!

Try us out over at https://www.papaly.com/ or search for us!"​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing this is your site since a search here shows you are the only one to ever mention the site.

No matter how many times I select clip the option always goes back to link

upload_2014-12-4_11-9-38.png

sarahk, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  3. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't realize they had this feature for your boards. Just tried it out and it gave me this pop-up that I accidentally pressed no on :).
    [​IMG]

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I pressed yes, but it didn't make any difference. I came back to the settings and it still showed yes in the popup but not in the saved setting.

sarahk, Dec 3, 2014 IP
    Kay Rae likes this.
  5. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Says in their next release so hopefully should be soon. Personally, one board I have has a couple hundred bookmarks and don't think it would look pretty with that clip view. I did however change the secret and invisible for google to no on some of my promotion boards!

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A board with hundreds of bookmarks might as well be a directory. If I was going to refer back to a site I knew I'd bookmarked but then had to wade through that many then I'd probably just go back to google which means the only real reason for your page is to link spam. Would one bad user taint my boards I wonder?

I didn't realise that the bookmarklet also changed my new tab page and I can't pick and choose what it does. #annoying

sarahk, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  7. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily for my case since I'm able to keep everything organized. Switched over from Delicious because that place seemed like a endless directory of unorganized links. I guess certain people have different uses for social bookmarking but can definitely see how spammers gives social bookmarking a bad rep.

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just noticed something weird

When I open a new tab I get this

[​IMG]

but if I open the site and navigate to the same view I get this

[​IMG]

Now, both are actually not how I set them up. I had Mountain Biking and BMX together in column 1, then tech, then lchf, then my sites. I'd deleted the imported board and renamed the tutorial board.

I haven't worked out what the following list is all about. It certainly doesn't represent things I'm interested in.

This looks buggy as hell, I'm out.

sarahk, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  9. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Ah that's strange I haven't had any problems with them before and for the followed section I just got rid of the ones I didn't like. I've never tried to import my collection from Delicious because it wasn't organized in the first place.

Kay Rae, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  10. Kay Rae

Kay Rae Member

Best Answers:
    Need to update the post since they did a complete make-over since last going on

Kay Rae, Jun 26, 2015 IP