1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upwork profile just not works

Discussion in 'General Business' started by trecords, Nov 4, 2018.

Hi All,

I have 7-8 year old reputative (during 2011-12) Upwork account. I just stopped using it after 2012 and these days I have started again to get some freelance jobs there. It is about second day that I have send 20 different proposals even with 20 times cheaper offer to get any invitations but no luck.
    I have also contacted support and they sent me guideline for optimization but I already done these.
    Please review advise how to optimize my Upwork account what is required o get job invitations, i really in need of this:
    https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~019b07788766b4d958/
    (purpose is not promote my account, please don`t get me wrong)

Regards,
    Turkel.

trecords, Nov 4, 2018 IP
  2. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't those guidelines also tell you to attempt exams available on the platform? I don't see any skillset-specific exam on your profile.

Mehta, Nov 5, 2018 IP
  3. tahir9110

tahir9110 Member

Best Answers:
    anybody knows the trick to verify upwork profile?

tahir9110, Nov 5, 2018 IP
  4. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did not understand what kind of verification you are referring to (and especially why you need to use a trick for it). Are you talking about the phone verification method which is used for two-step verification (more commonly known as 2FA/two-factor authentication)?

Mehta, Nov 6, 2018 IP
  5. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Apply to 30 jobs in 1 week and they will suspend your account like they did to me. After applying to 100+ jobs I didn't got even single project. That website known as upwork sucks and now robots are coming after Google killed SEO. Welcome to the world of unemployment.

degreubiwa, Dec 2, 2018 IP
  6. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    So I post a good amount of jobs on upwork. I would say 90% or more that respond to a job posting that I put up never even read about the job. I put questions in the posting to see how people respond. I don't even look at past work history or any of that. If they just send a generic response I go ahead and drop them from the list. While that person may be the best in the industry they were not able to follow the first set of instructions I posted.

The point I am getting at really read the job posting and respond with info they asked for. Even ask questions about the job. You will see that you will start to get more responses.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 2, 2018 IP
    Mehta likes this.