1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Urgent!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by AccuInvestor, Jun 29, 2007.

I'm about to "rent-a-coder" to redesign our whole site. I want features similar to investopedias CMS. I need a system that create SEF URLS (because I am clueless when it comes to coding and will not want to recode each page each time when new content is added), RSS Feeds, printable versions, member login with encryption, search feature, article archiving, tip of the week archiving (just a quick little sentence are the tips), custom forum free from bots and spam, and he is also going to build a charting feature where all users have access to build stock or commodity charts, and paid users have access to the better charting indicators. Also, paid users have certain access to different features from normal members.
    This guy is convinced that Joomla will be perfect for this - just customize it to my design, set it up for the archiving, article headings, comments, printable views, rss feeds, etc. create a custom forum, and the charting will be done separately.

What do you guys think before I hire him? I am having doubts because when I want to add a new page, I feel that I will be limited towards how I can design the new pages when it will be done through a CMS. I feel like it will be desiging a page through an email editor in all honesty. And then I like the site iwll start to look like a blog because it will be so 2 dimensional (other than the site template that it is built upon). Granted, I know you can add images after certain words to direct where it will be placed, but what if I want to add other graphics in the background , transparent and behind the text?

Should I hold off on hiring him till I can find somehting that can do this? what will be my best solution?

AccuInvestor, Jun 29, 2007 IP