1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URL Question

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Erind, May 7, 2007.

I currently use domain.com/index.php?bla=bla, but I want to change it for the sake of Search Engines. I also use Wordpress, which cuts up urls to domain.com/category/post-title. I'm amazed at this. I checked in FTP and there is no directory of category or post title.

How is this done? Any Pointers? What is it called?

Erind, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    admin panel > options > permalinks

check the option for 'custom, specify below' and input the following into the box

/%category%/%postname%

you must have your .htaccess writable for it to work automatically

Stax_Daniel, May 7, 2007 IP
  3. Erind

Erind Peon

Best Answers:
    lol. Sorry, I wasn't descriptive enough. I know it works in wordpress, but I want to apply it to other websites of mine that don't use wordpress.

Erind, May 7, 2007 IP
  4. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    oh...lol...

in that case i'm not much help...

have you looked at the .htaccess file that you have for wordpress to see if you can duplicate the coding for another site?

Stax_Daniel, May 7, 2007 IP
  5. Erind

Erind Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I looked at it and I had no idea on what the hell it was. lol. it was one long line of code. I usually modify the .htaccess files for blocking/redirecting referrers and stop bandwith stealing but this stuff is too complex for me. I looked at apache stuff and I swear I only understood how to turn on the RewriteEngine which is RewriteEngine On lol.

Erind, May 7, 2007 IP