1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Use of Free Articles on Content Sites

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Burta, May 9, 2006.

OK I was at uni today doing a group assignment and I was thinking that the topic I was actually studying was quite interesting (well it was for me at least - might be boring to others) but anyway I thought hey I have written all this great content on this subject and I know loads about it, I have read tons of books on the topic and its something I have always been genuinely interested in - so why don't I make a website about it. Now I'm always reading people saying your best of making a site about a topic your interested in, and well to date I'll be honest and say that most of my sites are about things that I had PAST interest in but have since moved on from - but they are making me a few dollars a day and so I keep sorta running them without any great deal of commitment to anything but developing them for a bit extra cash. The great thing about this topic is that it actually pays pretty well with some ads paying upto $5 a click, though that number of advertisers in the industry seems to be pretty small - still $1 - 2 a click on a topic that I enjoy better than slap in the face.

Anyway that got way off topic, but so I'm thinking about creating this new content site and using a lot of the material I have already written for my uni presentation as actual content of my site. However I'd only have enough information for maybe 5 - 10 articles or pages and so I did some looking around because everyone is always saying they get article written by someone else to build their site's content, but I'm wondering how well does using other people's article that they have submitted to article directories go with search engines - I can't imagine they are loved by Google - afterall they are just duplicate content.

Now I don't plan for this site to be a purely MFA site because I think site's need to provide value to visitors to have any long term potential, but I really would like it to be a quite comprehensive content source which unfortunately is a bit above and beyond my experience in the field - and there are lots of good articles out there about the topic, but how do I go about making those articles, which are used for tons of other MFA sites, viable on my site?

EDIT: I think upon re-reading this, it is probably in teh wrong section - it relates a little more to articles than it does Adsense, but I guess Adsense is involved... :p

Burta, May 9, 2006 IP
  2. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Burta,
    I simply suggest you to start a blog if you don't want to invest and start as fast as possible in five minutes at blogger.com and I think you will be making a good income.

Your Idea is good and you are interested and very knowledgable about that topic so its the best time to give it a try and I think it will work if you update it every day even a little bit but even if you can't then weekly will also work.

Addies

GAdsense, May 9, 2006 IP
  3. jester11

jester11 Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have that knowledge, just do it! It's benefit for you I think.

jester11, May 9, 2006 IP
  4. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    Using some of the free articles should not be a problem. They help to quickly add some content weight to a new website.

But, you should very picky about the free articles that you use and you should make sure the author's website is relevent to the topic. I have seen online gambling websites submit recipes so they could get links into cooking sites.

In those and some other cases, I suspect writers nominally rewrote someone else's free article or web page and submitted it as their own to free article distribution sites.

In the end, you should really strive to create your own material. Do not forget a great source of free articles are press releases from companies involved in your industry sector. A quick rewrite and you have news of interest to your site visitors. News which does not get viewed as duplicate content because of the rewritting. Perhaps, news that with an additional rewrite you could submit to free article sites to help drive traffic to your site.

clancey, May 9, 2006 IP
  5. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well should I possibly just rewrite all the free articles as well?

Burta, May 9, 2006 IP
  6. lp43

lp43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any programs or scripts that would do that for you it seems to rewriting articles all day could get time consuming?

lp43, May 10, 2006 IP