1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

User-driven Reddit-like CMS or theme?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by airgamer, Oct 27, 2013.

I'm looking for a Wordpress plugin or CMS that does the following:

- Allows guests and registered users to submit a link, image for the link, and link title to the site (similar to what Reddit allows you to do)
    - Links submitted to the site should show up automatically on the website as "Pending" or some other category. Submissions will appear in a grid format with the link images showing up, the link titles at the bottom of each image, and the entire image linking to its destination.
    - Registered users on the site can upvote or "approve" pending submissions to be shown on the front page of the site. The amount of approval votes needed can be adjusted.

I want to make this as simple, flexible, and easy as possible, while being as informative as possible. Would be cool to have a site that allows links to be submitted and then turns the links into something cool on the front page.

airgamer, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  2. adum

adum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you're going to find anything like that. Gravity Forms is a plugin that will allow users to submit content, but upvotes and whatnot are not easily implemented. You'd need to custom code for different types of post formats probably and you might be able to use WP-PostRatings for the up/downvote, but it's not going to be a slick as Reddit. You might as well just create a subreddit (why would people use your site instead?).

adum, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  3. airgamer

airgamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PliggCMS comes close to what I'm looking for.

airgamer, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Drupal. You can use the Rate module along with Views to achieve what you want. You will need to install the Link field type module and also the Link Checker module to keep track of any links that go dead.

ryan_uk, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  6. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Pligg. It's not that challenging to install on a subdomain on your server. Some of their plug-ins may cost possibly a fee but it's worth it.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 19, 2013 IP