1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Photographs in Illustrator.. Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by praisehim, Sep 14, 2008.

Hi all,

Its been a while! After one of my last posters regarding AI and PS, I began to get more and more job offeres from people. THe problem now was that whenever I sent my print work to the printers, it came out horrible. I used a mixture of Corel Dram and Adobe Acrobat to do the designs.

What I'm asking is this. Right now, I am going to start using Adobe Illustrator for ALL MY PRINT WORK. Hands down. THe problem the I am running into is using photographs with Illustrator.

What is the best way to do it? How would I add the photos, make them CMYK etc. and able to print properly? I see lots of beautiful full color photographs all over the place, so I KNOW that photos can be used in graphic and print work. I just don't know how.

Any help will truly be appreciated.

praisehim, Sep 14, 2008 IP
  2. amirsalmani

amirsalmani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Corel Draw is a best software for printing purpose, but if it's comes to photo editing than you could edit the photo in Photoshop as you want to edit and conver it into CMYK color... The way of converting the photo in CMYK is - Goto Image > MODE> CMYK color than save it in .PNG and and import it in Corel and resize there.

Will get the good results...

Thanks
    - M. Amir

amirsalmani, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  3. snake charmer

snake charmer Guest

Best Answers:
    take it into photoshop dude and save as a TIFF then use InDesign or Quark to print.

snake charmer, Sep 15, 2008 IP
  4. praisehim

praisehim Peon

Best Answers:
    @ amir

Thanks for that suggestion. I have both I'llustrator and CorelDraw, but since I'm really friendly with Photoshop. I'll be more prone to use Illustrator. Plus, I think its cooler and more updated than Corel

@ snakecharmer

Ima dudette :D

praisehim, Sep 18, 2008 IP