1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using social networking sites for marketing

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Lanarkshire IT Services, Sep 2, 2008.

hi all

just looking for some info here

i run an online IT support business and as the market is highly competitive, saturated even, i am just looking for new ways to promote my online support services.

we all know that social networking sites like Bebo, My Space, Facebook etc are extremely popular

i just wanted to know if anyone markets these areas and gain as much info as possible including things like legal, commercial issues etc, which ones work etc

all info appreciated

2. tonyab

tonyab Peon

Best Answers:
    I do use MySpace and Facebook, but I don't really do anything
    on them except hold my links. (In other words I don't actively
    seek out friends to add to lists, etc.)

But I do use Squidoo and HubPages, both of which have "social
    networking" aspects to them, and I get a lot of traffic when I
    write about various subjects having to do with my niche, and
    link to my sites with those articles/pages.

Hope that helps.

tonyab, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  3. eautocad

eautocad Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that using directmatches if very helpful... Check that one out too! They let you post videos in comments, add as many friends as you want (your ad gets sent with invite) but it does cost per month.. $20 USD It's actually a networking for business people only, so if your website helps business people (like mine) then you will have success..

The key to marketing to networking groups is to understand what those people want.. If you can target what the entire network is wanting, you will have gold.

I have 13,000+ friends on direct matches with a 3,000,000 wide network. :)

eautocad, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  4. Noor H

Noor H Peon

Best Answers:
    you can try SWOM, it even pays you to post comments and add friends, look at my profile page here at noorhayati.com ( please cut and paste it to your browser) :) thanks

Noor H, Apr 14, 2010 IP