1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Your Hobbies to Make Money from Home

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thewritestuff09, Jul 20, 2013.

We all have hobbies, and if you ask people what they enjoy doing when they are not working, you would find that everyone has different ones. What many people don’t understand these days is that they can use this to help them make money from home. As long as you do things the right way, this can be something successful and can help make income whether it’s supplemental or full-time. Here are a few examples regarding turning your favorite hobby or hobbies into money making opportunities.

Fishing and golf are two hobbies that you find popular among men. If you enjoy these things, consider offering infoproducts to consumers who are perhaps looking for ways to improve their golf swing or to improve their handicap. You may want to consider signing up for affiliate programs through ClickBank for instance. You can sell other products and e-books and earn a commission for each sale. You can also create an infoproduct of your own and have others sell it for you. If you are knowledgeable in any area, creating a product that appeals to the audience can generate income.

Travel is yet another hobby that some people may be interested in. Some people begin traveling and blog their experiences and places seen. However, with this comes expenses of traveling and this is not always feasible for people. There are affiliate teams you can join that allow you to create a travel website and make money by helping others plan their trip and offering packages to help them save money. Affiliate programs offer travel related products that many people may find interesting and helpful in several ways.

If you love shopping, there are mystery shopping programs you can sign up with. This opportunity can be fun as it allows you to do what you already love while getting paid for it. If you ask anyone who does this you’ll find that they get great items at unbeatable prices. This is great for those of you who are bargain shoppers since you have the ability to generate decent income. Some people buy items and resell them on sites such as eBay for even more money.

Do you enjoy creating things or are you crafty? Gift bags are a great hobby that you can turn into money. Gift baskets can be made from just about anything and you can start a business making baby gift baskets or something else. People use these as gifts for others and they make great holiday gifts as well. This can turn into something extremely profitable over time, especially around the holidays.

No matter what your hobby may be, there are a number of ways to turn them into money making opportunities. These days, every extra bit of money can help make ends meet, and if you do things the right way and have the ability to make a name for yourself, your hobby can be ultimately turned into a money making opportunity for you!

thewritestuff09, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My wife loves to sew stuff and she is pretty good at it. She's also good at selling her stuff on ebay. Some day, she'll be making more money than I do just from that one hobby! :)

qwikad.com, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  3. Jason Williams Live

Jason Williams Live Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good advice. I wish I had things that could be sold! I'm just good at video games, but not the best. :(

Jason Williams Live, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  4. Vishnu Priya

Vishnu Priya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm also a seller from Ebay.. this is my id: dvishnu1706
    I'm not good @ sewing, but good @ choosing clothes and selling :)

Vishnu Priya, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Hobbies: Writing, making phone calls and complaining, craft, creating avatars, giving (solicited) advice...

Alyssa Lochmore, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  6. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best site I ever had (that I have since flipped on Flippa) was a Disney World blog and started with me planning my holiday, going there and the aftermath. And the blog paid for the holiday and I had an amazing time.

Your hobby can be whatever you want it to be but what I have personally found is:

A) If you write about your hobby its fun
    B) You need little research as you know it and this can save a lot of time
    C) You will NEVER get writers block!

dsmpub, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  7. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely go with your hobbies! It makes it great to get started since you already know a lot about that niche. And it makes it a lot easier to be able to create products that you could sell to other people looking to get started in that hobby.

Mike Carroll, Jul 25, 2013 IP