1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vB CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Starburst20, May 19, 2010.

Have you ever used it? Is it worth using?

Starburst20, May 19, 2010 IP
  2. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vBulletin, IPB, phpBB is most common forums (not CMS) software in my practice.
    I would recommend using it, if you have some hundreds and more of active visitors,
    otherwise other two choices will serve you as well. With phpBB being free software
    and IPB cost at 149.99 USD (vB v4.0 is 195 USD) it also depends on your budget.

Do you also have a website and forum will be an additional method of site promotion
    or it's intended to be a standalone product? - do you use blogs of any kind already?

AlcVitRes, May 19, 2010 IP
  3. Fervid

Fervid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a license for it but I have set it up a few times. It's easy to install and get up and running but customization is a hassle. Maybe it's because I'm not that experienced with it yet. Anyway, trying to integrate a completed design into the CMS took me a couple of days and there were still some things that I missed.

I'm not a big fan of the forum part of the script either. I like vb3 much more. Maybe that's just because I have been using that forum script for so long.

Fervid, May 19, 2010 IP