1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vector or Bitmap

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mytechguru, Aug 17, 2008.

Hi.

I am starting my "career" as web designer.. so a lot of doubts are in my mind.

What kind of program do you guys use to make web layout and why ? Vector or bitmap ? What the benefits ?

Thanks!

mytechguru, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  2. ENVisionize

ENVisionize Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually you wouldn't make a whole design a vector image...although vector images are frequently used as logos and the such. The upside of vector images is that they can be scaled to any size without loss of quality (blurriness or choppiness). The downside being they are flat color images. Here is an example:
    [​IMG]
    Photoshop is the most widely used program to make web designs because of ease of use and functionality. You can create both vector and bitmap images with it. Illustrator is also another good program for creating vector images. Hope this helps!

ENVisionize, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  3. sb_guru

sb_guru Peon

Best Answers:
    As a web designer you must know Photoshop as it is the most web friendly software. I have seen most of the designer, designs their web page and then slice it to create its HTML page. I do not know about Illustrator but would like to know about it.

sb_guru, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  4. Varelse

Varelse Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to design only the web layouts, you don't have to learn Illustrator or any other vector program.
    Of course, some effects might be easier to create in Illustrator, but with a very good knowledge of Photoshop you won't have problems with creating the same effect in it. Also Photoshop offers a range of vector tools, so they also come handy.

Varelse, Aug 18, 2008 IP