1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vector & Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by lolage, Jun 22, 2008.

Hi, im creating a logo in photoshop but not sure how to make it vector.

its currently 800x800 but when i scale it down the border around the text doesnt keep in proportion meaning the border is massive! Any help/tutorials on how to get around this?

Should i learn fireworks instead? Ben.

lolage, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  2. bobzuk

bobzuk Guest

Best Answers:
    Lol fireworks isn't complete vector, I think it has vector tools but its also raster, like photoshop.

Use Adobe Illustrator or even Flash for producing a vector document/image. Good luck

bobzuk, Jun 22, 2008 IP
  3. lolage

lolage Active Member

Best Answers:
    So i simply cant make somthing vector in photoshop?

lolage, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  4. Varelse

Varelse Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use vectors for creating the elements within Photoshop - they will be scalable.
    But if you save your design to a standard file format (gif, jpg, png), it won't be vector any more.
    So if you are designing anything for web use, you can perfectly stick to Photoshop. But if it's going to be a real vector file (AI, EPS, PDF), then you will have to use a vector program like Illustrator or free InkScape.

Varelse, Jun 23, 2008 IP