1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vector resize crop/cut and editing?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by mobuk, May 3, 2011.

I am new to this so sorry in advance if im talking a load of rubbish at any point here.

I am kind of limited to Photoshop or Fireworks (unless it is only possible with another program).

I have a vector image set which is one large image that contains cartoon charecters within the image. So for example one full image might be 200 x 20 and the image maybe be of 10 cartoon charecters in a row, each cartoon drawing about 20 x 20. If i wanted to cut out or crop the image to one of the charecters and then resize this charecter from 20 x 20 to a much bigger scale (could be anything) lets say 400 x 400... How would i do this? As far as i know vector images can be resized to anything but the way i am doing it right now (the wrong way) is leaving the resized image VERY VERY blurry!

I cant open the image at a larger size from the start as some of the image sets are much much bigger and contain a larger number of cartoon charecters in them and the maximum image size is not big enough for this.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide on the best way to do this, I dont mind if it takes me time to do just need the most reliable way with the best outcome.

I also then want to cut that larger resized image and paste it onto another photoshop vector image which is a vector of a background, this background has been created with a layer to put my cartoon into so that it fits in with the background but obviously im doing this bit wrong too as when i paste the cartoon charecter into here it keeps a white background.

Please help!

mobuk, May 3, 2011 IP
  2. Virtualize

Virtualize Active Member

Best Answers:
  3. johnnright

johnnright Peon

Best Answers:
    And also watch youtube tutorial for quick result!

johnnright, May 5, 2011 IP
  4. ayekaye01

ayekaye01 Peon

Best Answers:
    if its low res, you can't just stretch the image, it will only make the image blurred.

ayekaye01, May 5, 2011 IP
  5. alvinfrank12

alvinfrank12 Peon

Best Answers:
    go through the following article, it might help you out:

"Content Aware Image Resizing" available for licensing

An Unbetable Technology for IMAGE RESIZING also known as “optimized scale-and-stretch” is available for licensing.Since it allows
    regions with high importance and prominence to scale uniformly and regions with homogeneous content to be distorted, therefore it can
    be very effectively used in Display devices (Digital cameras,Mobiles,LCD's,laptops,PDA's etc.). It is in pending stage for Patent and we are looking for prospective companies for the same.

For more details contact

Mr. Gaurav Deshmukh
    Email id:
    +919815816480
    +919592701527

alvinfrank12, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  6. billturner

billturner Peon

Best Answers:
    check the resolution of your image choose high resolve for max enlargement . very important , best of luck bill.

billturner, Jun 27, 2011 IP