1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verdi/Ektron/Umbraco/Adxstudio ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by akinak, Sep 10, 2008.

Which one of these CMS would you prefer and why? I am looking for a .net based,
    non open-source CMS. Any other suggestion?

akinak, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  2. nandu26

nandu26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Umbraco is .NET based open source CMS. Ektron and Adxstudio are commercial .NET CMS. Ektron is bit costly. I've not heard about Verdi but I checked google and it is indeed a .NET based CMS. The cost is pretty huge.
    --------------
    Perpetual license prices for Verdi include all of the Verdi standard modules and functionality. The Verdi Small Business License is priced at AUD$14,750. The Verdi Enterprise Unlimited license is AUD$29,950. Please note, prices exclude Australian GST. Government discounts and Not-For-Profit discounts may apply to relevant organisations.
    --------------

I think you will get all he features in DotNetNuke. I feel only big companies will be able to invest this much amount for a CMS.

You should either pick DotNetNuke or Umbraco if you are looking for a .NET based free CMS.

You should also check out http://www.mojoportal.com/ and http://www.cuyahoga-project.org/

Regards,
    Anand N
    Microsoft MVP
    Author of Community Server Quickly

nandu26, Sep 10, 2008 IP
  3. Aweinerws

Aweinerws Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally would go with Ektron... its popular and has vast levels of functionality that allows creating, managing and deploying custom Web 2.0 website easily. But it is high-priced, thats the only downside.

Regards,
    Anthony Weiner

Aweinerws, Feb 10, 2012 IP