1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verified Account

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by webahead, Jul 3, 2014.

I just to now how facebook and twitter make any page or account verified. Especially in case of celebrities as there can be many account based on them. If there are some things that should be kept in mind to get verified by the facebook or twiiiter please share you view.

Thanks

webahead, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Getting famous is an important first step :)

sarahk, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  3. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hiuufji, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why should some of the people worry about getting verified icon besides their name? Don't waste your breath trying to verify your account on some social networking websites because you never will be able to be verified unless you are a famous public figure and beside I don't even know why everyone wants to have verified accounts because they are very pointless although only understandable is if celebrities or popular public figures has the verified accounts to let everyone know it's their accounts and not somebody else who pretend to be them.

Joshie, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  5. pri2sh

pri2sh Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to some sites, verified facebook page have more organic reach than non-verified. I'm trying to get my page verified as well. It has more than 82K likes.

pri2sh, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  6. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You likely will never get be verified, I am sorry. Your name isn't popular enough to be verified, because verified accounts is for anyone who is very well-known to a point where there's people making several fake accounts to be pretend like that person.

Joshie, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  7. ramirezjm

ramirezjm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're an artist or celebrity just keep posting and soon you'll be verified automatically once Facebook feel you're the official celebrity.
    Or else there is a submission form that can be used to submit all your official documents to manually submit a request for verification.

ramirezjm, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  8. dandeedo

dandeedo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They have some guys like Einstein who do the filtering ;). Jokes apart, I think they verify based on multiple things e.g. cell phone number, address, mother's name, father's name, image upload, email verification, phone verification, etc. Don't know the exact processes :eek:

dandeedo, Nov 22, 2014 IP
  9. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don´t kno what about Facebook but Twitter verifies as few accounts as possible and only for legitimate reasons.
    Reasons for verification include being a highly recognizable public figure, or if your name and likeness is parodied or impersonated on multiple Twitter accounts, leading to identity confusion.
    Twitter will not consider you for verification based on your number of followers. Twitter urges Tweeters to "Please note that follower count is not a factor in determining whether an account meets our criteria for verification." Similarly, the number of tweets you post irrelevant.
    For more information, read the Verified Account terms. These terms explain what a verified account is, what it means to be verified, who has the verified badge, identifying a verified account, etc.

wanessmark, Nov 22, 2014 IP