1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VERY simple CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mattmdesign, Jan 24, 2006.

I am looking for an extremely simple CMS. I would like to put some code in the content area of existing pages, then have an admin section where the client can login, choose the page to update, then enter the text or html to update the page with and click 'update'. Does something that simple exist? I have only been able to find more complex CMS's.

Thanks!

mattmdesign, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. IceTheNet

IceTheNet Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like your more looking for blog or news site. Not a CMS. I would say something like b2evolution or WordPress. if you want a CMS the easiest is probably drupal has a bit of power also. It also SEO's very nice I was at top dog for my keyword for along time. I just got my power back after a long time for simple keyword IceTheNet after drupal.

IceTheNet, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply, but those are way more complex than what I need. I am looking for something that allows content to be updated from an admin area, I think that is a CMS (a simple one!). I just need to use this to update the content of a few existing pages, I don't need anything that creates pages.

4. clay15

clay15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  5. dotcommakers

dotcommakers Active Member

Best Answers:
    mate drupal.org this cms will be fine for you..

if u are fond of simple and very speedy cms .. than try textpattern.com [my first choice:)]

dotcommakers, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  6. vanessa

vanessa Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use OpenSourceCMS.com to review several different CMS's for your needs. And I would like to disagree with docommakers about drupal -- it is one of the most difficult CMSs to install and use. I've used/installed all the major CMSs, and although Drupal's code is nice, the interface and naming conventions are very confusing and NOT userfriendly.

In closing, you may want to consider stripping out the complexity of one of the major CMSs to meet your needs. For example, if you want simple then you can install PN and only use the news module. In addition has very fine-grain user/member control over content.

Again, I suggest you take a look at OpenSourceCMS.com.

vanessa, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  7. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  8. dotcommakers

dotcommakers Active Member

Best Answers:
    OSCMS guys have listed textpattern as a blog? i dont think its a blog its cms :)

dotcommakers, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  9. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    basicus, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  10. pradha

pradha Banned

Best Answers:
    I know there is a tiny functional CMS around, it's called sNews (solucija.com).
    It only contain 1 php file.

May be you want to take a look at it. :)

pradha, Jan 9, 2007 IP