1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video gaming website CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Ido, Aug 22, 2006.

Hello !
    I'm looking for a good CMS that will supply my needs for a video gaming website. I need one similar to Gamespot.com, IGN.com, modojo.com, where each game has it's own page with news, reviews, media, etc, users can write reviews and such...
    So I found an interesting one called VGportal and I've been tracking it for few months. Their forums were dead == no support, and today I was shocked to find out that they are just gone - www.vgprojects.com . Although I knew I wouldn't get any support I wanted to purchase that CMS, because it was the only one I found that actually fitted the needs for my website.
    I'm currently using a VERY simple CMS called Cute News. It's good, but terrible for my use.

I'm hopeless, any suggestions?
    :(

Ido, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  2. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    same deal here

bobby9101, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  3. Ido

Ido Peon

Best Answers:
    Good news! I found Josh(the main coder) msnger address and had a short chat with him and he said the system will be available for purchase again soon, but not a clear message about the website (vgprojects.com/forums), probably also though.

Ido, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  4. oslocal

oslocal Peon

Best Answers:
    Will you let us know when the script will be back?

oslocal, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  5. aditan22

aditan22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend gameCMS (http://www.gamecms.com), my site is using this cms, I can say it has nice features, good support - the creator is kind and skillful, that's why his cms has very good programming structure and database (I've done some modification to suit my site needs). Hey don't think I'm affiliating with him, I'm just saying I'm more than happy using his cms, it's free in lite version, the pro version hasn't been launched yet... hmm I don't know if it's been launched now, I haven't been to his site quite long time. Hope this help you :)

aditan22, Aug 24, 2006 IP