1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video site CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BluSmash12, May 10, 2009.

hey guys

wuts the best option for a video site

with around 200 videos, static, never change, will only sit there and be viewed

thanks!

BluSmash12, May 10, 2009 IP
  2. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check ifood.tv, it use Drupal

bnandika, May 12, 2009 IP
  3. UnFunded

UnFunded Peon

Best Answers:
    1: Word Press. A cache to make it pure static, too, if you're limited or slow on bandwidth.

or - and trust me -

2: Flatpress.

It is very good. It is the flat version of wordpress. Themes are ported to it *easily enough* but you do need to know the basics of wordpress themes and web themes in general to learn the flatpress differences, of course.

Aside from that, it has some good themes and we all know what you can do just by modifying images, and same css values alone. Hell, just look at myspace.

Give it a try - do this though:

1: Do not upload the site to a server yet.
    2: Download and install wamp/wampserver (google, of course)
    3: youtube for any step of anything you don't get about that part
    4: drop flatpress into WWW folder
    5: Visit http://localhost/
    6: Notice you can see the flatpress directory (or whatever you named it) If you can not see the wamp home page properly your local server isn't running or something is wrong :eek:
    7: click it and be greeted with the installer.
    8: choose a name, password, site name, and enter your email
    9: Done. Begine adding entries, each one a different video, mind your tags, categories - pugins are available.
    10: play with it a while and hook your site up
    11: upload
    12: ?
    13: Profit!

Good luck, I think this will help a lot of people. There are many flat cms out there, google flat cms - flatpress is my favorite for something you know is just going to end up static anyway and I plan to use it when I have better mini and static site ideas.

UnFunded, May 12, 2009 IP