1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video Streaming/Sharing software!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ThreeD, Aug 14, 2007.

Hi all :)

We're currently developing a portal where we are going to publish a lot of video clips and we're looking for a good script or software that will give us the possibility to publish these scripts on our website. We do not want members to post videos, only the portal staff. That's why we're not really looking for a youtube clone or whatever you want to call it. We're looking for a software that makes it easier for us to publish the video clips on our own website.

It would be a big plus if people can leave comments on whatever clip they want.

We do not want Alstrasoft or ClipShare software, from what we've seen and heard they're not worth the $.

If anyone has any valuable feedback, please let us know.

Thanks all :)

ThreeD, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking for the same exact thing and I really think there's a grim outlook for the software we're looking for.

ClipShare was actually my final choice - what negative things did you hear about it? There really is nothing else out there, beyond the cheap little scripts that all look like break.com clones...

Pixelrage, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  3. ThreeD

ThreeD Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, if you check out "http://forums.scriptxperts.com/8-troubleshooting-how-do-i-questions/3174-site-hacked-corsanturk" , it should tell you plenty. I'm running a pretty serious business, and I can't afford website problems or other issues because support is slow or security/bug levels are way out of control.

ThreeD, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    ugh....that's really a shame...the only other one that seems to have promise is Entertainment Scripts Social Media. Unfortunately their entire forum is locked except for pre-sales questions, and it's nearly impossible to get further information about what others think. The answers to my questions seemed pretty good, at least.

Pixelrage, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  5. ThreeD

ThreeD Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah mark, beats me. I guess we're stuck with some break imitation that we have to customize on our own.

ThreeD, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you want a "video" uploader inbuilt, or you are OK with using FTP to upload the video files first? To post on site you then login to admin panel, and enter the name of the file, title, description etc...
    Is this kind of system OK, or do you have something else in mind?

JEET, Aug 14, 2007 IP
  7. ThreeD

ThreeD Active Member

Best Answers:
    video uploading can be done with ftp, that's no biggie.

If we could log in to the admin panel and add names / title / description would be fine too.

ThreeD, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  8. webexpert

webexpert Banned

Best Answers:
    i have created a Video Sharing Script. In this script no need to upload the videos. A visitor can just Submit a video link. Videos can also be added from admin control panel. So, video original location can be Youtube, dailymotion, google video, etc.., Can be any..

here is the demo for you;

http://www.webdevelopmenthouse.com/video-script

admin access;

http://www.webdevelopmenthouse.com/video-script/admin

login id: admin
    password: admin

for complete details, check this post;

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=750406

cheers,

webexpert, Mar 13, 2008 IP