1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Virtual currency jumps up 50%

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Wincrew, Mar 31, 2013.

As the eurozone is rocked by the crisis in Cyprus, a cyber currency called Bitcoin has seen a surge in popularity from people looking for an alternative place to invest their money.
    Bitcoins are basically virtual money which can be earned or bought. They were created four years ago by a hacker who remains anonymous.
    There are no banks to control them, people just exchange them directly with each other over the internet. That makes them difficult to tax, trace or freeze.
    In the last month, the Bitcoin has more than doubled in value.
    It is claimed the surge is partly down to people in cash-strapped countries including Spain and Greece turning to Bitcoins in the hope of protecting their money.
    Amir Taaki, who has helped to develop it in the UK, told Sky News he believes it is a purer alternative to traditional banks.
    "There are so many things that are wrong and broken with banks. Primarily, the biggest problem is I have to trust them and I have no other option.
    "Bitcoin is a basic system where I can choose how much trust I put in other people.
    "There is no central bank or central authority controlling it. Everyone that participates in the network is upholding the network and it's not a theoretical concept but a billion dollar market with charts and graphs and people are using it.
    "Because it's decentralised and runs off a mathematical algorithm it means it can't be corrupted."
    The huge spike in value makes it an attractive investment for some, but currency experts like Simon Smith from FxPro warns against that.
    "It's totally unsafe. They might as well burn their money in a pile as far as I'm concerned. Yes, Bitcoin has doubled in value over the last month but it has every sign of being a bubble."
    Bitcoin has reached an all-time high, trading at almost £60. Its market value is now more than £500m.
    Some restaurants and shops already accept Bitcoin as payment and its supporters claim that in the future it will be dispensed from ATMs like pounds and euros.

Source: Yahoo.com

Such a huge jump of virtual currency? Do you prefer both real and virtual currencies or only one of them?

Wincrew, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  2. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    World keeps changing. No one can PREDICT ANYTHING. HYPE OR NOT, A BUBBLE OR NOT, I like the latest phenomenon though some risks are involved. Lets see where this is heading.

walts1, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  3. maxauthority

maxauthority Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are unforeseen effects to all this....

Expect BOT FARMS to start installing bitcoin mining software through their distributed networks.

maxauthority, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. Wincrew

Wincrew Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe in virtual banks (especially MoneyBookers), but not virtual currency like bitcoin.

Wincrew, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. Sam Woods

Sam Woods Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think eventually everyone will use virtual currency. If it isn't Bitcoins it will be something else.
    At the moment if you think about it, most money is digital but banks still get their hands on a slice.
    Hopefully Bitcoins will continue to grow - I believe it's an amazing invention.
    I haven't got any yet but I'm seriously considering taking the first step and downloading a wallet!

Sam Woods, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. Safetyfirst

Safetyfirst Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't really be looking to store my money in bitcoin as it is not backed up any government organisation and can easily crash , i would still prefer keeping my money in banks.

Safetyfirst, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  7. prawyyy

prawyyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Virtual money is some alternative, but it can also cause serious problems like the real one. Keep in mind that banks produce artificial money thus underestimate their value and contribute to inflation. As long as the money will not cover in gold, as it did before, we can not expect miracles.

prawyyy, Apr 3, 2013 IP