1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Virtuemart shipping cost not added on-Any idea why?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by verdecove, Oct 12, 2009.

Hello,
    I thought I was finally done with my new online shop, was happy that everything is running fine and even the payment through paypal was working when I noticed that during the checkout process the shipping cost is not added on to the total and is not shown anywhere at all.
    I'm using VM 1.1.3 and the Flex2 shipping module. The Module is enabled, configured and should work just fine. Even if I enable another shipping module like FedEx or Flex1 or whatever, VM will not add on any shipping cost at all. It's almost like it won't let me make any changes in that section.
    When I enable the user to select a shipping method during the checkout process so there is no method shown.
    But again in the VM configuration file it shows Flex2 is selected as shipping method.
    When I check the scripts for the basket or whatever all is required for the checkout process so it always calls for the shipping method to be included and echoed. I can't see any reason why it is not working. To me this seems like VM doesn't write any changes I make concerning the shipping method and shipping rates into the database table so the other scripts they request the values would only find empty cells.
    Does anybody know in what table I actually should find the right entries and if I eventually can write it in manually (and how that could be done, if it is possible at all :rolleyes:)
    The table jos_vm_shipping_rate is as empty as it can be. I thought there should be all the information stored concerning my shipping rates and methods.
    Thank you in advance for any help
    verdecove

verdecove, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  2. CylonX

CylonX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find an info in PM

CylonX, Oct 13, 2009 IP