1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to Start an Online Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by chennai_07_guy, Jul 27, 2011.

Hello Guys,

I would like to start an online business and work for that to earn some regular money everymonth. i can invest around 200 Pounds. Please suggest me which would be the best way and vertical to start off.

P.S - Please let me know if any of the guys have an interest to join an hands with me to start a business by investing tthe same ammount am investing.

Thanks in Advance

chennai_07_guy, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  2. Ted1

Ted1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is one of the most difficult things to figure out when starting an online business and as a result I doubt many will add to this thread.

One thing I will add is don't forget about the smaller things. After all, most houses have light bulbs, door handles, plug sockets etc.

Ted1, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  3. finalroundmedia

finalroundmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's kind of vague. What are your interests? Center your business around those or possibly things you are good at.

finalroundmedia, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  4. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Start web hosting service provider business...

jhardy2008, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  5. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Save 1000 pounds, buy premium themes, a reseller hosting account, video blog plug in, buy a cheap site in flippa in a gaming niche. Install the video blog plugin to feed video game youtube videos, change the theme to a nicer theme, and sell it and offer free hosting for a few months.

That's how i have started making some money already.

mcdwgbiz, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  6. esecuredata

esecuredata Peon

Best Answers:
    What you need to do is find your niche that interest you and try your best to succeed. I wish you the best of luck.

esecuredata, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  7. 88dbsakthi

88dbsakthi Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy existing websites with websites marketplaces like flippa.com ,buysellwebsites.in
    Find turnkey scripts ( hotscripts.com scriptsdump.com)and create new turnkey business
    Start your own hosting business ,just by becoming reseller hosting plans ( Hostgator, Media Temple)
    Do some micro jobs on your free time and earn money ( Fiverr ,Micro Jobs)

opportunities are limitless .you can look around DP forum for more answers

88dbsakthi, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  8. Online Marketplace

Online Marketplace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First, better use search engines to get to know what kinds of online businesses are more successful, and then find one among them that is also suitable to your habit and capacity.

Online Marketplace, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  9. sinclair89

sinclair89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are ways to make money without investing that much. My advice: mess around with different ventures where the initial costs are very low, then - once you have some idea of a formula for success - push forward with investment. Investing in an online business can bring great results but it can also be a huge black hole. Affiliate marketing or building niche sites monetized through adsense can be a great path. I started out with only a monthly hosting fee, a yearly domain name hosting fee, and a whole lot of initiative.

If you plan on doing anything involving niche marketing or search engine optimization, however, I would highly recommend Market Samurai as a quality investment. It is the only "tool" I have ever purchased and it is simply fantastic at reducing the risk of launching an online venture by analyzing the competition BEFORE you jump in head first with 200 pounds.

sinclair89, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  10. chennai_07_guy

chennai_07_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for your Time and Replies. i will have a look at your ideas and will decide what to do.. Thanks for the wishes

chennai_07_guy, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  11. xtek

xtek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its always great to know people in the industry to get you going, start building some connects. Networking is power :p

Best thing you can do is pick a favorite hobby of yours, or something you have a deep interest in and start doing some research.

Good luck!

xtek, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  12. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I recommend grabbing some e business books from ebay and finding out where you want to go from there. Doing research is the most important element of a successful business.

sweetcrabhoney18, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  13. kindsvater

kindsvater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Think recurring income. What can you do that once established will result in income month after month without significant additional work?

- Creating a product with automatic product delivery.

- A webste with affiliate links.

- Commissions that are paid monthly.

kindsvater, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  14. myindiahub

myindiahub Member

Best Answers:
    Start to work to create a website and integrity it with Commission junction

myindiahub, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  15. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your money going with the hosting provider suggestions unless you have a unique hook, the market is so over-saturated it's unreal.

WebDev Solutions, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  16. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you talking about 200 pounds, as in $320 ? Well it's not an investment is it?
    What you need is time mainly. But yes with this money it will allow you to start directly with proper webhosting and domain name instead of having to go the free blog route.

I'd suggest you buy one year with domain name my recommendation is Dreamhost. Then the process is simple. Install a CMS, my recommendation is Drupal. Then use Google Insights before producing any content. Only write about topics you see first on Google Insights.

Make it an habit, don't go to sleep before posting at least one new page each day.

Install a web tracking tool, my recommendation is Google Analytics.

Look at the requests people use to get to your site from google search, then write more about these requests.

Rince and repeat.

Of course you'll use ads (CPC, CPA, CPM, Direct sales) on your pages, I don't want to be accused of not mentionning it (duh!)

After one month you'll be on your way.

JamesColin, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  17. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    As some people said that is vague, you should find something you are interested in regardless of its popularity and let us know. Once you do that people can better offer you a solution to your problem. Read my signature.

praesto, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  18. koolnomi

koolnomi Peon

Best Answers:
    you can start work with captcha entry ... knock me for details

koolnomi, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  19. qoou

qoou Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to do something based around an interest of your own, perhaps an e-commerce store or something.

qoou, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  20. hrcanada1

hrcanada1 Peon

Best Answers:
    For any one to start a business, it is so important to do a market research, prepare a business plan, arrange for funds and complete the legal formalities involved.

hrcanada1, Aug 17, 2011 IP