1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

want to start an online store

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Xcelerator, Aug 22, 2012.

Hi, My cousin is an optician and he runs great business about sunglasses and eyeglasses. I am looking forward to start an online website for the same. I wish to know what inventory do I need for the same. there's ample stock of big and small brands with him and I don't to invest in the physical goods. All I will do is start an online website. I don't know how to make a website so how much I need to invest on SEO, website designing, promotions etc. I know basics about wordpress and can make a small website based on wordpress. what you guys suggest?

Xcelerator, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  2. Xcelerator

Xcelerator Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know I need to pay for domain and hosting ... what's next... please suggest some professional website designers that won't charge much and make me a website.

Xcelerator, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  3. Ray Baron

Ray Baron Member

Best Answers:
    "professional designer" and "won't charge much" might be a contradiction. Sortof like going to the Porsche dealer and telling them you want to pay the Volkswagon price for that 911.

Why not go to some place like Theme Forest or any of dozens of template websites -- use your favorite search engine to find one that suits you -- and just buy a template. There are also half a dozen well thought of shopping cart applications (ZenCart, X-Cart, Magento, osCommerce, e-Commerce for WordPress) that offer store fronts right out of the box.

I won't charge much to put together a store using one of these products. :cool:

Ray Baron, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  4. The spartan

The spartan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try somewhere like spiffy stores, you pay month to month and it comes with easy to use templates so all you really need to upload images and write in descriptions etc. That way you don't pay expensive designing fees until your more established and figure if its going to work out or not.

The spartan, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  5. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will develop your store with rich graphics. made a PM

techlead, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  6. Webbizvk

Webbizvk Member

Best Answers:
    I can advertise you in London UK. Pm me if you are interested.

Webbizvk, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  7. jenyfarlopej

jenyfarlopej Member

Best Answers:
    I think firstly you should see some templets and share these with us. Secondly you should work for seo.

jenyfarlopej, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  8. Xherko

Xherko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In addition you need SEO i guess..For ranking in search engines. Otherwise you won't ahve much visitors. No visitors = No customers :)

Xherko, Aug 27, 2012 IP