1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wap Cms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dmi, Feb 8, 2008.

Hi there,

I'm planning to make a WAP portal (nothing big) because I've gotten ahold of a cool domain in the niche. Now... What would it look like? Nothing special... I think I could figure out how to make it in XML... But now, I want to be able to add news, to add pictures, melodies and stuff - I need a CMS for it.

Is there such a thing? If yes, please recommend something. I prefer the free ones.

Thank You,
    dmi

dmi, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  2. engadven

engadven Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean WAP. Wasn't that the first mobile standard that no one used because it was so limited. Modern mobile devices can handle fully compliant sites so any CMS that creates clean, lightweight code should be OK.
    I'd have thought careful template design would be important to handle the different screen sizes between mobile and the web. There's no reason the site could not be viewed on both. There is a new trend to scaling page areas with em dimensions in the same way we scale text. That means the site looks good in small or big screens. But that's an issue with the template used for the CMS rather than the cms.

engadven, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  3. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer. Yes, I mean WAP. I want the site to be as simple as possible. I'm looking for a CMS that can handle it.

dmi, Feb 8, 2008 IP