1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning: Toneee.com - non-paying company!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by romic, Jul 5, 2010.

Hi Everyone,

This would be a small post to let everyone know how Toneee.com (I was contacted by T. J. Williams) pays their contractors and how they do business (a warning for freelance developers and outsourcing companies, so that you do not face the same problems I did...)

I started doing work for them about 2 years ago. At the beginning (during year 2008) everything was fine. I developed a few projects for them and they were paying on time. Last year (2009) we started having problems. For one of the projects the delay with the payment was more than 2 months but by middle summer they have paid for that project and in August 2009 assigned me another project.
    I started working on that project and since I knew we've had problems with payment I invoiced them for parts of the work. So for the last project I was paid about half the money while project was still in work but rest (more than $800) still remains unpaid. I have sent many emails, last reply I received from them was 3 months ago and now no more replies as to when I would get paid

Just to summarise my invoice is 9 months overdue. They are not replying to emails, no human being picks up the phone. They owe me over $800. SO BE AWARE!!!

romic, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  2. bandito1

bandito1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning!

bandito1, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  3. romic

romic Peon

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Hope this message will help other people understand who toneee.com really is and not work for free for them.

romic, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  4. romic

romic Peon

Best Answers:
    got some more info on toneee from the link below
    http://www.zoho.com/projects/case-studies/projects-tonee.html

T. J. Williams (Tone Williams) - the person that I was chatting (and discussing project details) with all the times was telling me he's the "lead developer". From the link above he appears to be the owner of the "company". Now imagine how "serious" and how big this company is if the same person is "the owner" for their clients and in the same time he's "the lead developer" for their contractors....

romic, Sep 8, 2010 IP
  5. TheAlkaline

TheAlkaline Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

TheAlkaline, Sep 8, 2010 IP