1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Was Digg Using Bots to Boost Partners?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dragons5, Oct 29, 2010.

A blogger going by the name of "LtGenPanda" made a posting a few days ago accusing Digg of manipulating results by using bots to digg their partners news content. He made this posting and included a lot of data along with it and then contacted digg about the issue to see their reply. he found that after digg recieved his data all of the 'suspect' accounts stopped digging immediately.

the blogger asserts that digg can ban but not stop users from digging, that is to say a user can stop submitting storeis and commenting but can still digg other stories. if digg had banned the accounts they could still be used to digg the stories they were intended to.

you can read about all of it here:
    http://ltgenpanda.tumblr.com/post/1403230157/did-digg-game-its-own-system-to-benefit-publisher

and here:
    http://ltgenpanda.tumblr.com/post/1404511358/second-confirmation-about-diggs-involvement

read over the evidence and tell me what you think. was digg using bots to boost partner news?

dragons5, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  2. jbtooloo

jbtooloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Would not surprise me... I know DIGG were MAJORLY suffering from falling user numbers.

jbtooloo, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Everybody is using bots on Digg :) The latest version of Digg is a total crap if you ask me.
    I used to post a lot since it get indexed right away but not anymore...

zexy, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  4. Deso

Deso Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know but i think it's a good website at least it's better that reddit.

Deso, Nov 1, 2010 IP