1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Watch out for this Ebay scam!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fryman, Apr 18, 2005.

I get those lame phising "you need to verify your information" emails every day now. They are always sen to to addresses that I don't even use for Ebay, so I know right away they are just crap and just forward them to

Today, however, I got a totally different one, and it was sent to the actual email address I use for Ebay

It took me a few minutes to decide if I should follow along and see what this was about, but I decided to check my Ebay account first, and saw no problems or messages in "My Ebay", so I forwarded the email to spoof and it was indeeed a fake.

Watch out, these stupid scammers are all over the place. Although now that I take a closer look, is "INFORMATIONS" even a word??? :D

fryman, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    That is quite a good fake, if there is such a thing. Almost convincing. You definitely did the right thing by logging into your eBay account directly and ignoring the email link.

mcfox, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  3. Sirxl

Sirxl Peon

Best Answers:
    i say...I normally delete such rubbish emails. I am a email addict....just too used to this type of gimmicks...had too many spywares on my PC lately too..

Sirxl, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  4. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I get these all the time in my gmail account. They're all in the spam folder now.

Infiniterb, Apr 18, 2005 IP