1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Way To Make Money If You Speak Languages. Not Really Effortless But Worked For Me So Far :)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by riopal, Feb 12, 2013.

Hey,

I dont know wether it will work for you guys but it has worked for me. Basicly you have multiple free lance websites around the web, most of them cost around 20 bucks for a month membership. In times of need I decided to make an account and since I speak multiple languages my target costumer where people in need of translations. After making a standard proposal I sent it to about 10 to 15 potential clients that were looking for people to make their translation, within 2 weeks I had 3 costumers, most of them paying me around 100$ For each translation. Yet these translations are mostly quite long, so I outsourced them to fiverr for around 15$ each, and my job was just to check whether they were quality translations. This method is up to a certain extent effortless as I only had to spend about 20 mins verifying each one of them and made 255$ profit. But for those who can also do SEO and other types of internet services its perfect to upsale your services. One of my clients wanted his website translated into Portuguese however he didnt know much about the Brazilian market, so I manage to upsell him my SEO services as he needed someone to write the articles in Portuguese.

Dont know whether its still as profitable as 2 months ago, but it worked for me :)
    The freelance networks I used were
    Elance and Guru

Guru is the best one for this type of gigs as the market for written services is quite high there.

I hope to have given you guys good advice :)

Best Wishes,
    Riopal

riopal, Feb 12, 2013 IP
    SKULL and redlandgames like this.
  2. ankii

ankii Member

Best Answers:
    I have learned a bit of French, but I guess that will not make me a qualified translator.

ankii, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any kind of experience from Guru? The registration process, withdrawal options, fees? Escrow?

Thanks

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. riopal

riopal Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    Well from my experience Guru is much better than Elance the competition in the writing and translations section is very low compared to Elance. The escrow process works perfectly and no fees are added to it. The only pull back from Guru is that you have to pay per section roughly 20$ meaning that if you want to apply for SEO gigs and Translation gigs you will have to pay the fee twice. However the number of applications you can send in a month is quite high so I guess it pays off. The registration process is fairly easy if you complete it partially however full registration requires some documents etc... I have not completed my profile as I dont feel comfortable on sending these to any website on the internet, however they do not limit your account for such so its not an issue.
    Bottom line I highly recommend it.

To ankii: Even if you just know a bit of french you probably know somebody whos fluent( your teacher maybe ). So you can always use your network :)

Cheers
    Robert

riopal, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

Yeah, the thing with the network is also cool, I've outsourced my outsourcing, couple of times. Sometimes it is pretty cool to be a middle man.

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 18, 2013 IP