1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web design/photography/video business vs clothing business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lolage, Oct 22, 2012.

Hi,

I have an interest in photography and video so both of these can be used within either a web design business or a clothing business. I don't have time to do two ideas at the moment, want to concentrate on just one at the moment.

Web design
    Would make a web design business, but with a difference that I will seek out local businesses and offer photography and video making as part of a package to help them market themselves better.

Clothing
    Would be able to come up with some cool designs, and use photo/video to market myself. I don't have my own printing stuff etc, so I'd have to outsource materials/services!

Which option would you choose guys?

Cheers

lolage, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  2. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Web Design is far better than the clothing business according to me.

zubizubi, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  3. harryom87

harryom87 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have done the business of clothing.

harryom87, May 7, 2013 IP
  4. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think with web design skills you will be able to start clothing business as well. I have many friends who are not only web designers they also have their own clothing brand. So its really awesome if you start clothing business.

Best of Luck!!

Amanda103, May 7, 2013 IP
  5. Oozen

Oozen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should start with the web design first so you can save up the money required to properly start your clothing line. A clothing line requires a lot of up front capital for fabrics, design protypes, coloring, shipping, and promoting.

With your photography and video design skills you can instantly start making money now. If I were you I would specifically go niche customers first. There is a lot of money to be made in tech startup videos if you are decent at it. These are just videos that explain what there websites do but in an artful and entertaining way. People will pay anywhere between $100 - $1000 per for a good video.

Good luck on either direction you choose to go. Just remember you get out what you put in so work hard and give it all you've got.

Oozen, May 7, 2013 IP
  6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I`d say go for clothing business, because webdesign it`s oversaturated and it`s hard to prove yourself and actually grow. People will always wear clothes, it`s like food.

webcosmo, May 7, 2013 IP
  7. samirbalwani

samirbalwani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Clothing is difficult and has a high starting cost. If you can differentiate yourself then it could work, but it's hard to build a brand. Web design might be easier, because you can reach local customers.

That said, you really should do what you are passionate about. If you're not passionate about either, you're going to have a hard time getting people to get excited about your clothing brand or buy your web design skills.

samirbalwani, May 15, 2013 IP
  8. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just what the doctor ordered the best piece of advice you will get!

Carl Mason, Jun 3, 2013 IP