1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web & Graphic Designer for Non-Design Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Lin88, Nov 10, 2013.

Please delete thread. Thank you for the response!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Lin88, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. swordude

swordude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, welcome to DP!

I'd say it sounds like you have a pretty nice job for not having any education in the field (or at least that's what it sounds like). However, I feel like they should understand if you aren't able to implement some of the higher end designs and web elements, after all the average salary for a web designer is around $70,000 - if they expect you to perform at that level but are only paying you a fraction of the average, that's a bit ridiculous.

Of course I don't know the specific details of what they're asking, but I'd just let them know if there's anything that you can't do, and let them know you're willing to work on learning how to implement those things. I work in IT myself, so I know what its like to have nobody else know what type of work you're doing, fortunately in my case they always assume my work is a lot more difficult then it really is :)

swordude, Nov 12, 2013 IP