1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web hosting - everything unlimited?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by clash, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Mackos

Mackos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read hostoing TOS !! Always !
    All of 'Unmettered' companies has limitted CPU usage.

Mackos, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    Unlimited Hosting = Biggest load of horse dump ever created on the internet.

Explain in detail and fact of how, you would provide unlimited disk space and bandwidth to a thousand or so hosting customers?

FavouritesBlog, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    there is no unlimited, everything is limited because of the hardware is limited or has certain limits. Most times this only means you can use all their hardware allowes, which can also means the space can be pretty slow if the servers are not big enough.+

I would go for a webhost who is honest and telling you which bandwith and so on you will really be able to use...

Sensei.Design, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  4. fas831

fas831 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think your best to go with a regular "unlimited" plan at first and then if you get any traction on your site you can think about dedicated servers..though i havent found anything cheaper than 100/month...anyone else find something cheaper?

fas831, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  5. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it is true that every site claims these unlimited features. very difficult to make out the fact from fiction.

tech_savvy, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  6. jhebodia

jhebodia Peon

Best Answers:
    Clearly they are not 'unlimited' but in terms of marketing-- they can do a lot with the 'unlimited' though. Currently I'm signed up for 'unlimited' hosting just for peace of mind-- (fatcow.com) and I'm satisfied, I use a fair amount of it (several GBs of bandwidth etc) of course it isn't like a dedicated server by any means, it still serves it's purpose.

jhebodia, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. Timelord1969

Timelord1969 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is too goo dto be true. You may have unlimited BW, and Disc space, but what good is that, if you only have 2-3% of CPU and RAM?

Timelord1969, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the T.O.S. or agreements. There is almost always going to be some 'catches' in there in regards to use of resources. Especially you effecting them or others.

There is no unlimited on anything. There is always a cap when it comes to finite resources. Where that 'crossing of the line' is, varies from company to company.

Barefootsies, Feb 28, 2010 IP