1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web site promotion on Facebook sucks

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Dead Man, Jun 16, 2012.

Hiz,

Might be this is my experience that if you Advertise your site on Social Networks like Facebook, you'll not get good response. For example

Total Ad Impression for comp # 1 : 211,444 & Outcome : 232 Clicks
    Total Ad Impression for comp # 2 : 174,994 & Outcome : 201 Clicks

Anyone agree with me??? I believe Google Adowrds ROCKS:cool:

What you say??

Dead^Man!

Dead Man, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  2. Bauss

Bauss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on your niche for facebook ads. I haven't tested it out myself, but I only read bad reviews. Adwords not being that great either, but better then facebook ads.

Bauss, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  3. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to Facebook it totally depends on your niche. Facebook will do really well with a few niches, but not so well with most other niches. For those, you're best to just stick with Adwords.

mixing, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  4. trixy

trixy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think, It's depends on many thing like your ads setting and appearance, your targeted ads viewers, your niche, etc.
    I've done facebook ads few years ago for online shopping and it's can generate more sales.

trixy, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  5. Dead Man

Dead Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, might be the same reasons you mentioned!

Dead Man, Jun 16, 2012 IP
  6. yenny

yenny Member

Best Answers:
    Your impression is all right, its your CTR that's very low, maybe wrong demographic? not catchy ads? try split testing your ad

yenny, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  7. Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it's true. People visit social networks for getting and sharing info. with their friends, colleagues, or someone else that they would like to be in touch with. Attention here: they are looking for PEOPLE, not products or services. They may happened to see some interesting ads and click to check out, but it is very likely that they just have ZERO attention to purchase. After all, with search engines in hands and in heads for so many years, how many people will log into FB when actually looking for something to buy?

Sophia Myles, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  8. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google adwords is boss, but facebook is not a bad one as well. In Facebook, the amount of click is much better for my ads than your statistics. I am not sure, may be your ad design or niche target was not proper.

rubeljoy, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  9. andrekhrisna

andrekhrisna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you get real people with attractive skill to recommend your product/service to their friends via Facebook, then Facebook almost useless.
    People really click your ads if it's interesting.
    I can help you with copywriting if you want to.
    And can help designing your ad too.

Be sure to target very specific people in Facebook then money will pour in.

andrekhrisna, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  10. Mega Mind

Mega Mind Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips.... thanks ...

Mega Mind, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  11. HenryZayasOBU

HenryZayasOBU Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook Ads work great for me. You have to test each ads and track every week how they are doing. Then based on the weekly results? You have to tweak them a little bit and change some stuff like the picture and maybe add a different description. Eliminate those that are doing good and keep those that are getting more clicks. But never just leave them a whole month without tweaking them around. Once you double those Clicks that you got, make sure to direct people that click on your Ad to an unbelievable Free Gift, for those who Opt-In. This is when you have to Over Deliver!. You will get a whole lot of Leads and your Email List will get bigger. Testing and Tweaking is the key for Facebook Ads.

HenryZayasOBU, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  12. giftedwizad

giftedwizad Peon

Best Answers:
    you should mustly go with google adwords because adword give you more clicks than facebook.
    1. Large audience and user base when compared to Bing
    2. Multiple channels of advertising (i.e. search, display, banners, etc.)
    3. Target multiple media (pc, tablets, mobile, video, etc.)
    4. Advanced targeting tools for geographic, device, time of day, etc.
    5. Built-in conversion and revenue tracking code
    6. Includes additional extensions (i.e. location-based, site links, mobile click-to-call, etc.) to improve click-through-rate

giftedwizad, Jul 22, 2012 IP
  13. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on your niche, so don't say it sucks...

Install, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  14. motivated25

motivated25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It only sucks because you are not knowledgeable enough to make it work the way you want it to. How do you have your timeline created, are you offering good information when you advertise or are you only selling. Are you creating a list for future marketing. You need to do more research. Facebook has been redesigned for business marketing, you just need to learn how to market on Facebook. Much success.

motivated25, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  15. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    We had good experienced with Facebook promotion. If you are expert and has good plan to get more like country, city , age wise. so you can success. other wise will get bad experience as yet.

OSSEO, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  16. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depents on a lot of factors so say Adwords is better. Only think i can currently see is that your CTR is really low. You should try the same as people do with adsense (try some different stuff to get more CTR out of your ads).

quiz, Jul 24, 2012 IP
  17. HenryZayasOBU

HenryZayasOBU Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords will get you more clicks yes! but they are a bunch of bad clicks of people that have nothing to do with your Niche Market. Facebook Ads you can control who see's your ads and the quality of the clicks are a lot better. So your Click Through rate is a lot better. I dont know why people only care about getting clicks even if they suck?? Its not about the clicks people! Its all about what kind of people are clicking your ads.

HenryZayasOBU, Jul 24, 2012 IP