1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

webdesigners. How much time do you waste monthly maintaining wordpress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by matt_62, May 11, 2013.

I really want to avoid using wordpress to build sites, as many many people are now saying it becomes more of a liability to maintain them and keep them secure. I would prefer to use a commercial system proven to be more reliable, but it seems that everyone is encouraging me to use wordpress.

I have seen a webdeveloper selling off all of his clients as the time to maintain all of them was more then what those sites could bring in.

So I really want to hear from more developers, or hosting companies, or people who have 100+ wordpress installations running at the same time. My question is, how much time do you need to waste monthly to maintain them and keep them secure?

matt_62, May 11, 2013 IP
  2. Zarko Dimitrov

Zarko Dimitrov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to work for a hosting company which had automatic updates for WP. As soon as a release was done by WP the script would automatically tell the users to update the system. However if you plan to use plugins or themes you must be very careful because they are the ones that open security holes and allow for WP to be hacked. Depending on what you need the system for I would strongly advise to stay off WP if used by multiple users with different plugins/themes. A custom CMS that suits your needs would be a better path on the long run.

Zarko Dimitrov, May 14, 2013 IP