1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webmaster Diary

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ronmac, May 8, 2010.

I thought I would start a thread on a new site I have just build and post updates in the progress.

The main reason for posting is to:

A) Assist new webmasters in Link development and establishing a presense on the internet.

B) Generally learn from my mistakes as I go along this path.

C) Post my findings in terms of revenue so you can make a gauge of where you are exceeding income forecast or going wrong in comparison to my site.

The site is called beautytheripistDOTcom, its a plain ol directory. While I have "upped" the directory script I have not set it up yet or made any changes to the theme.

Why a directory?? Many people set sites up for all sorts of reasons, I have only set this up for two reasons:

1. As an experiement
    2. Profit

There are three things I have to do to enable me to acheive the 2nd goal.

1. Finish the template and setup
    2. Find my market
    3. Get my market to purchase

I will do an update today or in the next couple of days. I am an active poster so I will keep this thread alive.

The post is a genuine one and not linkbait ( although my sig says otherwise )

NOTE TO MODERATOR If you feel this is in the wrong category please feel free to move it.

ronmac, May 8, 2010 IP
  2. ronmac

ronmac Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quick Marketing Plan

Obviously backlinks are a must so I plan to grap about 2000 links using a variety of "long tail keywords" ( google it if you dont understand that term )
    As a directory is very static I will attach a blog ( wordpress ). I am not really a blogger as such and I am not into "beauty" so I will probably hisre a DP member to keep the blog active.
    Blog tools are a must and so are blog submissions, and pinging updates

General submissions will be via a few programs I have ( internet business promoter etc )

I will also use blog comments using a different keywords to be used as anchor tags.

There is no magic to this game, just a bit of research and a gap in the market.

Directory Pricing

My directory pricing will be:

Featured: $175
    Standard: $100

Now that may sound very expensive to you, but it all depends who your market is, and how to attract them.

My Market
    My niche is not saturated and so less competitive. My market are businesses and not individuals and my target is geo localised ( regional / national )
    Many "webmasters" and site owners make the big mistake of trying to go for gold and attempt to dominate 1 or 2 keywords and target a global audience. It can be true of certain sites ( gaming and forums ), I think start local and niche and spread out from there.

I will post some AW stats ( People numbers that visit the site ), over thenext couple of days. I am not expecting thousands but I intend to "target" my visitors.
    Go for quality visits rather then quantity.

ronmac, May 8, 2010 IP